You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: New GNR Airplane

johndivney wrote:

Bitching about some hired bozo from the UYI days not being there?

What a strange way to complain about a show you haven't seen yet.
Monkey's losing it.

#FPMoney

johndivney wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

3) since they all get along now, I'll bet one night a week they'll need a place for board game night

Imagine Axl playing Risk..

Too close to real life those board games. They do actually play them out irl anyway. If Slash n Duff were able to recall, I'd say they'd bring up some bad memories of how Axl took over.. could lead to plenty of turbulence.. ugh, what a bad joke. What a series of bad jokes.

Sorry.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Looks like this is trending. One of my friends who isn't into the band at all sent the pic to me on facebook.

The old plane was cooler, but a plane's a plane I guess. Nothing says big shot like having your name on a major aircraft.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
johndivney wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

3) since they all get along now, I'll bet one night a week they'll need a place for board game night

Imagine Axl playing Risk..

Too close to real life those board games. They do actually play them out irl anyway. If Slash n Duff were able to recall, I'd say they'd bring up some bad memories of how Axl took over.. could lead to plenty of turbulence.. ugh, what a bad joke. What a series of bad jokes.

Sorry.

It's okay...my bad jokes spawned yours....

If it's any consolation, I came up with mine sitting on the shitter at dawn...the first thing I did today.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

GNR have a plane, therefore they can't afford Sorum, therefore the show is shit? Really?

That's not what I said.

I didn't say the show is shit - as if anything with Axl and Slash together could be shit.  Lets face it - they could put you, me, and miss piggy as the rest of the band and with Slash on guitar and Axl on vocals it's going to sound awesome.

Of course they can afford sorum, like they can afford the plane, and most anything else when this tour is bringing in 100s of millions. But I have to ask why when the tour makes so much money are decisions being made that reduce the quality in favour of profit.

Let's face it - the perfect solution both for authenticity and sound output would have been to have Adler on the AFD song, Sorum on UYI numbers and Frank on the CD tracks.

That would make the show the best it can be. But it didn't happen because of $ which is absolutely absurd when you consider how much money each of these people have.

At least with Adler there's health questions, and with Izzy there's reliability issues, but with Sorum it just turns out they'd rather not pay him what he is worth - even if it means we have lesser drumming. I can't respect that - especially when you look at the size of the entourage they do cart around the world.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

It has nothing to do with money regarding Sorum.

I think he just has a piss poor attitude.

Axl, Slash, and Duff rather not deal with it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Except that Axl and Duff regularly played with him through 2012-2015 in Kings of Chaos.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

^ I'm guessing you mean Slash.

I don't think S and D with Sorum was ever the main issue though was it. Sorum and Axl is the issue and if the wheels run smoother on as you say a +$100 million dollar tour with Frank on sticks then it's really a no brainer. Nobody is not going to this cos it's Frank up there and not Sorum.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

GNR have a plane, therefore they can't afford Sorum, therefore the show is shit? Really?

That's not what I said.

I didn't say the show is shit - as if anything with Axl and Slash together could be shit.  Lets face it - they could put you, me, and miss piggy as the rest of the band and with Slash on guitar and Axl on vocals it's going to sound awesome.

Of course they can afford sorum, like they can afford the plane, and most anything else when this tour is bringing in 100s of millions. But I have to ask why when the tour makes so much money are decisions being made that reduce the quality in favour of profit.

Let's face it - the perfect solution both for authenticity and sound output would have been to have Adler on the AFD song, Sorum on UYI numbers and Frank on the CD tracks.

That would make the show the best it can be. But it didn't happen because of $ which is absolutely absurd when you consider how much money each of these people have.

At least with Adler there's health questions, and with Izzy there's reliability issues, but with Sorum it just turns out they'd rather not pay him what he is worth - even if it means we have lesser drumming. I can't respect that - especially when you look at the size of the entourage they do cart around the world.

Miss Piggy costs more than Adler

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sorum would be a huge addition. No doubt. As would more Adler.

Board footer