You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Football

PaSnow wrote:

- Heard he screwed over alot of assistant coaches he had recruited in the process. Seemingly leaving them without the job they thought they were getting. Wonder if one of the Eagles O or D coordinators gets it. Hope they do and slay NE in the AFC Championship game as a major burn again.

Comes off as a dick move. The guys failed before, as have pretty much all of Belichecks offshoots. Once he takes over NE, Brady will be gone and he'll be left with likely a bad team. Hope  the guy fails again too.

NFL needs to redo it's coaching hire process. IMHO college coaches shouldn't be able to be selected until after the bowl games, and NFL coaches should be chosen until after the SB. It puts so many winning assistants at a disadvantage when they're the ones who should be getting the jobs.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Best.Day.Ever!

#PhillyPhilly

20180208_1439071_zpsnc4jvte0.jpg
20180208_1242091_zps3ccic29l.jpg
20180208_1218461_zpstbgeouby.jpg
20180208_1151541_zps3rv3n3h7.jpg

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

- Heard he screwed over alot of assistant coaches he had recruited in the process. Seemingly leaving them without the job they thought they were getting. Wonder if one of the Eagles O or D coordinators gets it. Hope they do and slay NE in the AFC Championship game as a major burn again.

Comes off as a dick move. The guys failed before, as have pretty much all of Belichecks offshoots. Once he takes over NE, Brady will be gone and he'll be left with likely a bad team. Hope  the guy fails again too.

NFL needs to redo it's coaching hire process. IMHO college coaches shouldn't be able to be selected until after the bowl games, and NFL coaches should be chosen until after the SB. It puts so many winning assistants at a disadvantage when they're the ones who should be getting the jobs.

McDanials agent fired him as a client. Sorry if someone else posted this.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Just sad that the feeling is the era is over...

It lasted a lot longer than it should have. It was an anomaly. Dynasties don't exist in the league anymore.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Legendary Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly announced Thursday that his oral cancer has returned and will require further treatment.

WGRZ provided a statement from the 58-year-old Pro Football Hall of Fame member:

https://twitter.com/WGRZ/status/969241810173341697/photo/1

Kelly was originally diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma, a skin cancer, in 2013. Part of his upper jaw had to be removed, and when further testing showed the cancer had spread to his sinus area, he underwent radiation and chemotherapy treatments.

The Pittsburgh native was declared cancer-free in September 2014.

Last January, he told John Wawrow of the Associated Press that the treatment had taken a toll, however, leaving him unable to produce saliva and without the sense of taste.

"I have a story to tell. I want people to understand that we're all going to go through things in our lives," Kelly told the AP about his effort to remain upbeat. "It's the attitude that you have and the people that you surround yourself with to be able to come out on top."

The Bills released a statement about Thursday's news:

"We are deeply saddened to hear the news about Jim Kelly and his impending battle with cancer. Jim is a tough and courageous man and we know he will fight this battle with strength and determination. The Buffalo Bills will support the Kelly family during this trying time and we ask our fans to pray for the family as Jim begins the treatment process and the road to recovery."

---

What a bummer.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
kermit the Trump wrote:

Legendary Buffalo Bills quarterback Jim Kelly announced Thursday that his oral cancer has returned and will require further treatment.

WGRZ provided a statement from the 58-year-old Pro Football Hall of Fame member:

https://twitter.com/WGRZ/status/969241810173341697/photo/1

Kelly was originally diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma, a skin cancer, in 2013. Part of his upper jaw had to be removed, and when further testing showed the cancer had spread to his sinus area, he underwent radiation and chemotherapy treatments.

The Pittsburgh native was declared cancer-free in September 2014.

Last January, he told John Wawrow of the Associated Press that the treatment had taken a toll, however, leaving him unable to produce saliva and without the sense of taste.

"I have a story to tell. I want people to understand that we're all going to go through things in our lives," Kelly told the AP about his effort to remain upbeat. "It's the attitude that you have and the people that you surround yourself with to be able to come out on top."

The Bills released a statement about Thursday's news:

"We are deeply saddened to hear the news about Jim Kelly and his impending battle with cancer. Jim is a tough and courageous man and we know he will fight this battle with strength and determination. The Buffalo Bills will support the Kelly family during this trying time and we ask our fans to pray for the family as Jim begins the treatment process and the road to recovery."

---

What a bummer.

I fukin' loved Jim Kelly...and IMHO, getting to 4 super bowls in a row is an unbelievable accomplishment.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl-fr … 20422.html

Things are really heating up around free agency...i feel wrong admitting this but I love this kind of stuff....almost more than an April MLB game.

The Bears acquired multiple receivers already and arguably the crown jewel of the WR free agents. Problem is he tore his ACL a year ago. It's kind of a gamble but I like it I guess. They got Tyler Gabriel too from Atlanta.

How are your teams doing?

Board footer