You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: New 4tus interview

Axlin16 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

remember when Ashba was doing the same thing at soundchecks.
How quickly that guy was forgotten!

4tus is full of shit. Axl was just as close to DJ.

Slash, Richard, Duff, Melissa, Dizzy... whoever... can come up with ideas all they want.

Axl makes all decisions when it comes to music. When I hear it out of his mouth, I MIGHT believe something MIGHT happen.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

axl really did have a strangely strong affinity towards dj

from the outside looking in, it seemed like his delusions towards erasing the old band and replacing them with the new guys had reached critical mass

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Speaking of, one wonders if Axl intended to re-release Chinese Democracy without Buckethead and Robin, et. al. given Ashba's recording of the song.

I also wonder why Robin popped up at that show in 2012.

I admit, I'd love to hear the re-recorded Appetite with the 1999 band but the thought of Axl pulling a Sharon with DJ Ashba makes my skin crawl.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

the re-recording of appetite by the new band is one of the most fascinating things to be about the mental journey axl embarked on to release chinese democracy. i wonder to what extent it went? did each subsequent addition to the band have to go in and re-record parts? was bucket involved with this, or was it a one and done by the freese/finck/stinson version of the band?

i'd actually really like to hear those versions of jungle, nightrain, paradise city and rocket queen. not sure how good it would sound, but it'd definitely be an interesting listen.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
Axl wrote:

"I have re-recorded 'Appetite' [with] Josh Freese on drums, Tommy Stinson on bass, Paul Tobias on guitar, [...] and Robin Finck was on lead guitar, [...] with the exception of two songs [Anything Goes and You're Crazy], because we replaced those with 'You Could Be Mine,' and 'Patience'.

Why do that?

Well, we had to rehearse them anyway to be able to perform them live again, and there were a lot of recording techniques and certain subtle styles and drum fills and things like that that are kind of '80s signatures that subtly could use a little sprucing up... a little less reverb and a little less double bass and things like that." (Axl, MTV, 11/08/99)

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

Speaking of, one wonders if Axl intended to re-release Chinese Democracy without Buckethead and Robin, et. al. given Ashba's recording of the song.

I think he has said it was never intended to be released as a whole. An AFD/CD -hybrid of SCOM was on the Big Daddy soundtrack, while the new WTTJ was almost included on the Black Hawk Down OST.

Wagszilla wrote:

Occam's razor says it's same reason as Brain was featured on that show. It was the last of the US club tour leg, and the first time since CD's release that the band played in Cali; a manageable distance for Robin and Brain to drive down to the venue from their homes and have some fun. Just an Axl gesture, thanks for all the work and no hard feelings.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I think he has said it was never intended to be released as a whole. An AFD/CD -hybrid of SCOM was on the Big Daddy soundtrack, while the new WTTJ was almost included on the Black Hawk Down OST.

Wagszilla wrote:

Occam's razor says it's same reason as Brain was featured on that show. It was the last of the US club tour leg, and the first time since CD's release that the band played in Cali; a manageable distance for Robin and Brain to drive down to the venue from their homes and have some fun. Just an Axl gesture, thanks for all the work and no hard feelings.

Waiting for that thought process to enter regarding Izzy, Sorum, and Adler..

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

Izzy was a guest at a huge number of shows in case you haven't noticed - 5 in 1993, 14 in 2006 and 5 in 2012.
Adler got his chance and he fucked up again - so fuck him, he's full of shit as always.
Sorum - no idea why would he do this at all, he's always acted like a dick.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I can see Izzy join as a guest here and there if he and Axl hash out an agreement but there`s little to zero chance of Steven and Matt ever perform with them again.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

I can see Izzy join as a guest here and there if he and Axl hash out an agreement but there`s little to zero chance of Steven and Matt ever perform with them again.

What did Steven do wrong? I thought he sounded great!

Board footer