You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Slash back in the studio

monkeychow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the holdup on releasing leftover Chinese tracks is Slash and Duff. Why would they want to play on and release tracks they wouldn't have writing credits on...FOR THEIR OWN BAND no less.

Same reason they play them live with no complaint.  It's the only way to Axl's heart. 16

Or you could look at it from the other perspective - if they want to do a follow up tour in 2 or 3 years and reap another harvest of cash they will need to release an album or go down a venue level. So they have a bit of reason to make a GNR follow up too.

The other issue is Axl may release those songs anyway. He doesn't actually need them to put out a new album - it's not like he wouldn't have versions with DJ and others. So the choice they have is get to contribute something and alter the course of the song a bit, or do nothing, and wind up covering robin/dj/bumble/bucket AGAIN in 2 years. If I was them i'd be keen as shit to start getting back onto the records. THere's already too many songs without them in the catalogue now.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Slash and Duff are back in the band and people are still trying to start fights. Sigh.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Alright guys, that was fun. Time for 5 days of no posts.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Alright guys, that was fun. Time for 5 days of no posts.

18 It has got a bit like that around here.

Despite the insane history of all this I feel that between SMK&C, Axl/Dc, and GNR's AFD anniversary, vault ready to go, and the Europe festival legs of the reunion tour....with all this stuff coming up...I'm sort of optimistic we might actually get something new soon. Even if it's an AFD remaster or a proshot of this tour or something.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Apparently an AXL/DC album is on the way according to Slash's old photographer on Facebook or something

And it's reasonable that Slash/Duff want to record new tunes but considering Axl said "it hasn't been decided" about old songs, it's clear that everyone was at least at one point open minded to the idea. We gain nothing individually or in discussion by drudging up old wounds.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Imagine Guns` and Axl/DC albums same year. Won`t happen I know but would be awesome.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Imagine Guns` and Axl/DC albums same year. Won`t happen I know but would be awesome.

Imagine if in 2011 if you took odds on a 2016 GNR Reunion with Slash and Duff world tour coinciding with an Ac/Dc world tour fronted by Axl 16

At this point I think literally anything can happen with this band 5

As insane as it sounds I think there's almost fairly good of it happening, I mean Axl/Dc seems like it will happen for sure, and then even Axl releases music sometimes and we are coming up on 30 years since AFD and nearly 10 years since CD....and there is a vault of nearly done stuff burning a hole in some computer somewhere....

Sooner or later it's going to be Christmas morning for us fuckers.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Can't see both a GN'R and an AC/DC album happening in the same year – they're both massive undertakings and would cannibalise each others' press and promotion. And they'd both be time-sinks for Axl – GN'R would want a big tour to coincide with their album, and AC/DC would want the same. Since the bands are of the same stature, they'd be competing with each other for venues and dates (and Axl!). The danger is that an Axl/DC album comes out first and ends up sucking up all of his time for a couple of years of touring, which puts the kibosh on a GN'R album for at least that long.

johndivney wrote:

Fuckin love people who use the word kibosh.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Can't see both a GN'R and an AC/DC album happening in the same year – they're both massive undertakings and would cannibalise each others' press and promotion. And they'd both be time-sinks for Axl – GN'R would want a big tour to coincide with their album, and AC/DC would want the same. Since the bands are of the same stature, they'd be competing with each other for venues and dates (and Axl!). The danger is that an Axl/DC album comes out first and ends up sucking up all of his time for a couple of years of touring, which puts the kibosh on a GN'R album for at least that long.

yeah, that worries me too. hopefully ax has laid down a bunch of vocals for gnr already. i really hope those rumors about him spending extended time in the studio in 2015 are true.

not sure how well his voice is gonna be at ~58 after running around the world belting out ac/dc again.

in any case, i'd gladly take any new music at this point. whether it's ac/dc, gnr, axl solo.... anything.

honestly, i think a leak, single or video from either axl/dc or gnr would light the world on fire. it could bring back that excitement we all felt when hearing some of those leaks for the first time. i feel like an addict.... just give me that damn rush again!

Board footer