You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: AFD_30

esoterica wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I agree with wagzilla....they're not going to add new GNR and/or current GNR to any old remaster/box set/whatever. There's less than zero reason to do it.

But then what is the hook for the new tour? Maybe if they change the setlist to the whole of AFD or something? There need to be able to return to the same tour markets with a fresh show/product. I figure a new song does it easily. Plus you could always add in a CD song and package it with AFD to annoy purists.

You're overlooking the most beloved of all corporate principles: laziness.

If the tour isn't selling you'll start seeing more promotion, that's it. Otherwise, business as usual and they'll be satisfied  with diminishing returns.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I just listened to the Sgt. Pepper's 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition.

I liked the remixes although I'm not a Beatles devotee or purist.

This treatment is exactly what I want for Chinese D.

I'm sure others would like it for Appetite.

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Well, July 21 is approaching and we haven't heard anything.
I would think that retailers would put their orders in at the end of May.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

this stupid "it's the anniversary" thing has been running since... like... the 1990's. yeah, it might be a nice marketing idea, but remember - nothing in the GNR world is going according to marketing or even common sense. so I'd not hold my breath.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yes although we also had the "hall of fame thing" along similar lines for decades and that nearly happened...well at least sorta did....but I guess the bad ignored the 20th of AFD so there's just as much reason to ignore the 30th.

Then again i figure they designed that fanclub art for something....but who knows...they do a lot of things that never come to pass it seems. Like the docos from the past.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

Place your bets ladies and gents!

Step right up to the Guns N' Roses Wheel of Disappointment, give 'er a spin, only $5 dollars.

Yes, you heard me right, only five buck-a-roos!

Will there be any surprises in store for tomorrow's performance?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Current band plays AFD front to back. Anything Goes essentially becomes your surprise.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I'm not expecting anything too different. Maybe a surprise guest or two, but I'm guessing the set list will remain essentially the same.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I hope Axl busts out TWAT, CITR and Prostitute for the laughs.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

they will play mostly appetite songs, then angus young and kid rock will join at the end for a MASSIVE version of the seeker.

Board footer