You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Chris Cornell dead

esoterica wrote:

James can you explain to me why/how/what Audioslave's second and third album are.

I loved the first but it's like a totally different band. I listened to the second when it came out and never listened again.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

James can you explain to me why/how/what Audioslave's second and third album are.

I loved the first but it's like a totally different band. I listened to the second when it came out and never listened again.

I didn't like the third album at all. It feels like all filler to fulfill their contract. I don't think they were getting along during the recording of it either. I need to listen to it again. In fact, since its been brought up, I'll listen to it today.

Second Audioslave album not nearly as good as their debut but one of its deep cuts is one of my all time favorite Cornell songs.

Its first single pretty killer too.

Another good deep cut:

Can probably skip the rest but if you like those songs, maybe give it a full listen.

If he hadn't died we might have got a reunion and one more album. No way in hell could Cornell have been truly happy with that third album even though they hyped it like crazy back then.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

They're running a cool Chris Cornell tribute on Sirius Howard 101. Interviews with him, performances, and Howard and company talking about him and his bands from back in the day. Just started at 5pm Eastern.

James

James wrote:

I never saw any of the Cornell stuff on Stern. Until he died I didn't even know he was ever on his show. I just checked and a couple interviews are on youtube. I'll watch/listen to those tonight.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

3rd album for me is a gem - not quite as consistent as their first but some brilliant songs- Moth, Wide awake and Running from the sound of a gun being standouts

James

James wrote:

Jesus....this story just continues to get worse.

Chris Cornell's wife knew something was terribly wrong with her husband during their last conversation, and it brought her back 14 years to when Chris was abusing prescription meds.

We now know what Vicky told friends and family, and it's a chilling story. The following is what she told them.

Vicky says her last conversation with Chris came about 30 minutes before his body was found hanging in a Detroit hotel room. Vicky says just before Chris called her, the lights in their family home -- which Chris could control remotely from his phone -- began flickering on and off. When he called she asked him if he had just manipulated the lights and he said no -- that he did it an hour before.

Vicky immediately became suspicious because Chris was onstage an hour before. Things got more ominous as he began slurring, and every minute the slurring got worse. He was complaining about the show and his crew, saying, "They f***ed up again. They had 3 days to fix my in-ears and I was getting static. I couldn't hear." 

He then started to complain, "I blew my voice. I blew my voice." He kept repeating it. And then he changed the subject to something that made no sense.

Vicky says she knew something was seriously wrong and said to Chris, "I need to know what you took tonight. You don't sound right, sweetheart." He replied, "I was really angry and I just took 2 Ativan. I'm really pissed and I had to calm myself down." 

Vicky replied, "I need to know what you took. It doesn't sound like 2 Ativan. It sounds like you took something else. You need to tell me now what you took. I forgive you."

Vicky says at that point Chris' entire demeanor changed. He got aggressive -- not toward her -- but his tone was "cocky and aggressive." She says she immediately had a flashback to 14 years before, when Chris was abusing Oxycontin ... when it got so bad at one point he nearly died.

Chris then changed the subject and made no sense at all. Vicky panicked, hung up and called Chris' bodyguard, begging him to race over to his room and get inside, and she said if he had to knock the door down then so be it. She had never had someone check on him in 14 years, but she was afraid he would die.

She says the bodyguard knocked down the front door but couldn't knock down the second, so she used a second phone to call the hotel and plead with them to open the interior door. She was screaming, "He's having a heart attack."

Vicky was still on the phone with the bodyguard when he was able to knock down the second door and saw Chris' body hanging from an exercise band.

Vicky says it took around 30 minutes from the time she hung up with Chris to the time the bodyguard found Chris.

As we reported, sources connected with the investigation tell us EMTs and cops saw fresh track marks on Chris' arm. Vicky says she never knew Chris to use needles and says just before he left for Detroit that afternoon, he was walking the streets of New York with her in a t-shirt and there was no evidence of track marks on his body.

http://m.tmz.com/#article/2017/05/26/ch … l-moments/

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah I recall the 2nd Audioslave album being good. The 3rd was definitely just packaged & marketed 'Alternative music'.  In fairness, it was a pretty lame time for rock. Bands were softened on the albums, look at Libertad and some of the mediocre Foo Fighters efforts around that time.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Jesus....this story just continues to get worse.

I dunno, I think it sortof is what I expected.  Sad he JUST had spoken to his wife & she knew something was awry. Gosh that's gotta eat her up so much more, to know two things. One, had she kept him on the line, maybe she could've talked him thru it, or texted his bodyguard or handler to come assist him. Second, to know she missed by just minutes. Did she pause a few minutes to think her call over? Was it running thru her head little seeds he planted that made her debate it and second guess, taking her time as she tossed her own instincts around?

The trackmarks are odd. From what it seems he wasn't known to use at all. Not for a long time at least. Ultimately, it seems he wasn't having a good run on the road this tour imho.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
James

James wrote:

Yeah it was a shock. Not expecting that at all.

I always thought it sucked that BHS wound up being their most famous song. I've complained about this for years. Not even close to being one of my favorites. Hell, its the 3rd worst song on Superunknown IMO. Now that he is dead, everyone is paying tribute to him by performing BHS. Yes its an instant crowd pop as even great grandmas have heard the song but I'd like a bit of variety.

Living Colour did Blow Up the Outside World(pretty good job too).

Board footer