You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Facebook Announcement

misterID wrote:

Rusty Cage or Spoonman would have been awesome for Axl. BHS is not a song I'd expect. Awesome gesture.

monkeychow wrote:

I guess my thing is  - the video is disproportionate to the announcement.

Like you post a video:

XXXX - You're born
XXXX - Wife born
XXXX - First Date
XXXX - Epic Holiday Together
XXXX - Engagement
XXXX - Wedding
XXXX - Honeymoon
XXXX - first child born
XXXX - massive job promotion
XXXX - second child born

But there's more to come.....then in 2 days time you reveal:

10 weekends this year we will have dinner out!!!

I don't want this to sound like a cash grab statement, just more obvious... They know a new single would bring in a lot of money with little effort. If MSL is right then Slash and Duff didn't rerecord existing music for nothing. I'd expect something, but not really invested much to care if it doesn't.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

I don't want this to sound like a cash grab statement, just more obvious... They know a new single would bring in a lot of money with little effort. If MSL is right then Slash and Duff didn't rerecord existing music for nothing. I'd expect something, but not really invested much to care if it doesn't.

I'd love a new single. Hopefully it will eventually happen - it would seem odd to have all those old tracks lying around half done and not make the most of the situation and throw slash and duff on them. Especially stuff where Axl vocals are already done eg Silkworms etc. Hopefully it happens eventually.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

the problem is though, hardly anybody believes GNR releasing stuff nowadays. I think this tour is pretty much a farewell nostalgia thing, which will keep on going as long as it generates money, and then GNR disbands.
I don't rule out any release actually - maybe some new overdubs of old tracks (either ChiDem era or even older), that can happen.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

relax, everyone.

axl is saving the big guns for the 10th anniversary of chinese democracy next year.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I liked Nora Jones' version of Black Hole Sun.
https://youtu.be/XbQ08Ixczvo

I get that the GNR bus is running on fumes at this point but this had a 3-day turnaround to post pro-shot and soundboard.

A devoted crew could have that edited, mixed, and posted the morning after the show. I find it distasteful bringing this up in lieu the context and the lovely nods to Chris but it just goes to show the fan service that goes on in other bands / artists with less resources.

One would hope they start with something along these lines later this tour.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

johndivney wrote:

Went to gig after a lot of debate. At the time BHS was a terribly sad moment for myself & I thought Axl did it justice.
Chris cast a pall over the day that wasn't able to overcome imo. It was an extremely good GnR gig but the spectre of Chris hangs heavy. Lovely tribute. Was the only song worth singing on the way back after the gig.

What time did they come on?

johndivney wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Went to gig after a lot of debate. At the time BHS was a terribly sad moment for myself & I thought Axl did it justice.
Chris cast a pall over the day that wasn't able to overcome imo. It was an extremely good GnR gig but the spectre of Chris hangs heavy. Lovely tribute. Was the only song worth singing on the way back after the gig.

What time did they come on?

About 7:45. They were playing brownstone by 8 (I sent message at the time that's how I know) so you can work back a couple of mins from there.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

relax, everyone.

axl is saving the big guns for the 10th anniversary of chinese democracy next year.

Silkworms 20th in circa 2 years. Petition for a release #silkworms20

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I liked Nora Jones' version of Black Hole Sun.
https://youtu.be/XbQ08Ixczvo

I get that the GNR bus is running on fumes at this point but this had a 3-day turnaround to post pro-shot and soundboard.

A devoted crew could have that edited, mixed, and posted the morning after the show. I find it distasteful bringing this up in lieu the context and the lovely nods to Chris but it just goes to show the fan service that goes on in other bands / artists with less resources.

One would hope they start with something along these lines later this tour.

It is embarrassing for sure....

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Jesus Christ, this is beyond horrible, his mid range is completely gone even struggles with upper register

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVASl8-jg6Y

Board footer