You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Facebook Announcement

esoterica wrote:

I wonder what Axl meant about figuring out why Izzy was really doing the gigs.

Also Izzy's attitude after the deal went down suggested something more than "pay me or leave me alone".

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

I saw the timeline video and thought "well there's how you announce a new album".

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Appetite For Disappointment

AtariLegend wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Truly bizarre seeing them pretend Izzy wasn't a major factor.

I like Izzy, but let's be honest they pretended this in interviews in the early 90's too and that was still with Slash/Duff there.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Due to the terrorist attack, the announcement has been delayed til Thursday.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Due to the terrorist attack, the announcement has been delayed til Thursday.

Bullshit reason. And their tribute to Manchester was lame as fuck the the lyrics are not fitting for little kids that died. And this announcement will probably be something about some LA tour dates since they are "back home " etc.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't consider it a bullshit reason. To make a major announcement about concerts when a bunch of kids/teens just got slaughtered at a concert would be in extremely bad taste. Then factor in the potential of his opening Jungle line about it being "time to die" being used in the promo would create a massive backlash and rightfully so.

I know as a hardcore GNR fan ANY delay can be frustrating. It was warranted in this situation.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This just in:

18644669_10154666557653602_326610726_n.jpg?oh=3b9b5f920181688de802d397e97c0dd8&oe=592801BB

wink wink wink

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't consider it a bullshit reason. To make a major announcement about concerts when a bunch of kids/teens just got slaughtered at a concert would be in extremely bad taste. Then factor in the potential of his opening Jungle line about it being "time to die" being used in the promo would create a massive backlash and rightfully so.

I know as a hardcore GNR fan ANY delay can be frustrating. It was warranted in this situation.

James , it would have been a 2 full days after the bombing. Comes off as selfish a as if GNR is so huge that people may miss their announcement due to competition with news coverage of the bomb. U2 last night played Kimmel. Maybe out of respect for Manchester they should have postponed. Now, if it was the same day or day after and especially if it was a show in Manchester than sure. But it comes off like they did it for some other reason, like they weren't ready, and used the bombing as an excuse.  Why would ANYONE in Manchester be mad if GNR announced a show in LA 2 days after the bombing. There is zero correlation here.

And KOHD as a tribute as we look at the arena via google earth. So cheesy. Better to do it with Slash and Fortus playing Wish You Were Here. However this same band did nothing for Bowie, Weiland, Lemmy, (they did KOHD for Prince, or Cornell. Seems like a bandwagon move honestly.

They have hyped this album up so much anything less than and AFD 5 show Or new music they deserve a lot of Shit for.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Exactly!

Board footer