You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Facebook Announcement

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't consider it a bullshit reason. To make a major announcement about concerts when a bunch of kids/teens just got slaughtered at a concert would be in extremely bad taste. Then factor in the potential of his opening Jungle line about it being "time to die" being used in the promo would create a massive backlash and rightfully so.

I know as a hardcore GNR fan ANY delay can be frustrating. It was warranted in this situation.

James , it would have been a 2 full days after the bombing. Comes off as selfish a as if GNR is so huge that people may miss their announcement due to competition with news coverage of the bomb. U2 last night played Kimmel. Maybe out of respect for Manchester they should have postponed. Now, if it was the same day or day after and especially if it was a show in Manchester than sure. But it comes off like they did it for some other reason, like they weren't ready, and used the bombing as an excuse.  Why would ANYONE in Manchester be mad if GNR announced a show in LA 2 days after the bombing. There is zero correlation here.

And KOHD as a tribute as we look at the arena via google earth. So cheesy. Better to do it with Slash and Fortus playing Wish You Were Here. However this same band did nothing for Bowie, Weiland, Lemmy, (they did KOHD for Prince, or Cornell. Seems like a bandwagon move honestly.

They have hyped this album up so much anything less than and AFD 5 show Or new music they deserve a lot of Shit for.

They are set to play over there very soon. They instantly jumped in my mind when I heard about the attack. These posts sounds so friggin petty.

Lomax wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't consider it a bullshit reason. To make a major announcement about concerts when a bunch of kids/teens just got slaughtered at a concert would be in extremely bad taste. Then factor in the potential of his opening Jungle line about it being "time to die" being used in the promo would create a massive backlash and rightfully so.

I know as a hardcore GNR fan ANY delay can be frustrating. It was warranted in this situation.

I agree. GnR have a huge concert in Ireland this Saturday at what is the national hallowed ground for big rock n roll shows. The security has been beefed up to a huge degree after Manchester. 400 extra Garda (police officers) as well as special units (counter terror units) have been drafted in. It's a huge operation and people are understandably nervous about attending huge concerts so soon after Manchester. After that I think there is a London show quite soon. Britain is on critical alert meaning that a terror attack is expected at any moment. That's very serious. I think they were right to push it back.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It was a bandwagon move and an effort to get likes or shares from their management team. I doubt Axl knew about it.

I think you're really reaching here. They delayed the announcement ONE day due to the tragic events in Manchester. They're playing the U.K. soon, hence the KOHD tribute. I'll grant you I didn't think the song really fit all that well, but I'm not sure what else they could have gone with. It's a 1 day delay though, I highly doubt they're looking to get more clicks. Let's not always look at things in the worst positive light. They try to do something nice and some people tear them apart. They can't win.

With that being said, all I expect are some LA area shows to be announced to commemorate AFD 30. I'm not even convinced it'll be full shows with the AFD 5. Maybe guest appearances by Izzy and Steven, but really that's all I'm expecting.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

And KOHD as a tribute as we look at the arena via google earth. So cheesy. Better to do it with Slash and Fortus playing Wish You Were Here. However this same band did nothing for Bowie, Weiland, Lemmy, (they did KOHD for Prince, or Cornell. Seems like a bandwagon move honestly.

KOHD has always been a tribute. It started out as a tribute to Todd Crew.

I wasn't surprised by no covers being performed as a tribute to deaths last year. Their tour was already underway and the shows are planned out start to finish. I know some wanted a Prince cover at Coachella(maybe Duff doing Bambi) but the band basically would have had to go 'off the grid' to spontaneously add something like that.

On the subject of Cornell, since he was one of Axl's favorite singers, I wish they would do a SG cover on the upcoming tour but I don't expect it.

After that I think there is a London show quite soon. Britain is on critical alert meaning that a terror attack is expected at any moment. That's very serious.

Yeah when I saw that yesterday it made me wonder if there would be a ton of concert cancellations in Europe.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Guys, I am not a negative fella, and I appreciate the gesture but it could have been executed much better... But I should know better... Almost everything the management does is half assed and the actual NITL Tour had a really half assed roll out.  And then Axl rained on his own fucking parade with the Axl/DC shit and saves his kick ass voice for that band.  Lol.. I am praying for some badass shit tomorrow to make all this worth it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Anyone think that their announcement might be like a co-headline select run with Metallica or something?

It'd be 1992 all over again...!!!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Possible.

Last year I was praying for a Soundgarden/GNR tour for this year when SG finished their album. sad

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am praying for an AFD show!!!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm hoping for AFD30 edition with a new song and a tour to match.

I'd really like a new album but i'm trying to keep my expectations down. hahah.

johndivney wrote:

No Izzy no party.

Board footer