You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Guns N' Roses planning new album - 'It's too good not to happen!'

James wrote:

What's this website in 2012? I think I dropped off the map at that point. Did they get a new site or an update?  Other than old band merch, what was on it?

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

They had GNROnline in the late 90s/early 00s and that got shut down because people were posting Axl's phone number and shit.

Savages. God bless each and every one of them. The crazy shit people posted back then...

Then they got a new site for 2006 which had some cloaked in mystery connection to Major League Baseball no one knows about. Merck-merckiness. It had news headlines, tour dates, and a link to the merch store (separate website) and that was about it.

Then they finally got a proper website in 2012 before the UCAP tour which actually contained the New GNR logo (the shitty one they put on Chinese Democracy album cover, not the classic logo or that star logo they used in either 2002 or 2006). It's actually slightly better than the current website in a lot of ways. There was a page with information about each of their albums. No pictures (you had to be a Nightrain member to get Kat's "awesome" black and white pics). Links to web stores (iTunes/Amazon) and social media.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Then they got a new site for 2006 which had some cloaked in mystery connection to Major League Baseball no one knows about. Merck-merckiness.

I remember that.

Were they on a budget and didn't want to pay hosting so they somehow made a deal and piggybacked on MLB? Maybe Merck got incentives keeping costs down.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

They had GNROnline in the late 90s/early 00s and that got shut down because people were posting Axl's phone number and shit.

Savages. God bless each and every one of them. The crazy shit people posted back then...

Then they got a new site for 2006 which had some cloaked in mystery connection to Major League Baseball no one knows about. Merck-merckiness. It had news headlines, tour dates, and a link to the merch store (separate website) and that was about it.

Then they finally got a proper website in 2012 before the UCAP tour which actually contained the New GNR logo (the shitty one they put on Chinese Democracy album cover, not the classic logo or that star logo they used in either 2002 or 2006). It's actually slightly better than the current website in a lot of ways. There was a page with information about each of their albums. No pictures (you had to be a Nightrain member to get Kat's "awesome" black and white pics). Links to web stores (iTunes/Amazon) and social media.

Yeah, gnronline had a forum and his stalker showed up on it and gave out his address and shit. I'm not sure if it was the same one that broke into his house and watched him sleep.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Everyone knows where Axl lives lol. Hell even I did a drive by

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
misterID wrote:

I'm not sure if it was the same one that broke into his house and watched him sleep.

wait, what?

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Everyone knows where Axl lives lol. Hell even I did a drive by

Not back then when the internet was a germ of what it is today. And they sure as shit didn't break into his house.

I thought he wasn't at his house when that whole thing went down but I could be wrong.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, Axl said in an interview in 02 that he woke up and saw her staring at him.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

in my search for a news article about this mysterious break-in, i found this gem:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/tv/24 … -overdose/

According to the upcoming programme, the problems between Axl and Slash started
when Slash – real name Saul Hudson – overdosed on heroin and died for eight
minutes.

Tom Zutaut, who discovered and signed the band in the 80s, has revealed that
Axl believes he saw Slash’s soul leave his body in the form of a crow and
fly away when he was unconscious and not breathing.

When he was resuscitated Axl became convinced that a new IMPOSTER SOUL
had taken over Slash.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Zutaut is so full of shit. He can`t believe half of crap he says, can he ?

New imposter soul took over Slash, what the fuck 14 ?

Board footer