You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Exclusive SiriusXM Concert & Channel announcement

faldor wrote:

The channel is only for a limited time, but cool nonetheless.

https://www.howardstern.com/show/2017/6 … =sternshow

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

If I can figure out how to get an invite, I'm there.  I entered the sweepstakes, but I don't care how...I just want in at this venue.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Will Izzy and Adler show up??! I bet yes!!

faldor

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It will probably spill over to the actual 30th anniversary of AFD, so. I'm sure that's probably not just a coincidence although I'm surprised there's no mention of it in the press release. And why not schedule the show on the actual anniversary date 7/21, which is a Friday? I suppose they could have a show already scheduled that day at the Apollo. I'll be listening in on my radio at the very least that night. I entered the sweepstakes but that's a long shot.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Let's pray they film it so we can get a proshot video

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It will probably spill over to the actual 30th anniversary of AFD, so. I'm sure that's probably not just a coincidence although I'm surprised there's no mention of it in the press release. And why not schedule the show on the actual anniversary date 7/21, which is a Friday? I suppose they could have a show already scheduled that day at the Apollo. I'll be listening in on my radio at the very least that night. I entered the sweepstakes but that's a long shot.

I entered too...hopefully one of us gets to go.  If I win, you might get to go anyway as I'm not sure the wife would be interested...

faldor

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I entered too...hopefully one of us gets to go.  If I win, you might get to go anyway as I'm not sure the wife would be interested...

Deal. My wife probably wouldn't be interested either under normal circumstances. The fact that she'll be a few months from giving birth probably takes her out of the mix altogether. I'm sure she's relieved.

I read that Nightrain members will have a shot at tickets too but my membership ran out recently so unless I shell out the dough for that again, I'm out on that one.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

dope news!

The band will also launch a limited-run channel on SiriusXM called “Guns N’ Roses Radio” that will be available from July 13-22 featuring their classic albums, live tracks, rare finds, and influences.

this could be pretty damn interesting depending on what "rare finds" means

i'm hoping it's truly shit we haven't heard before and not just stuff like crash diet or there was a time (bass heavy mix with remixed peacock mating call intro)

also, that poster is fuckin' badass. whoever has been doing the art for this tour is a goddamn maniac. i'd pay crazy money for some of those lithographs.

55-41115-17-1202_j_gnr_apollo_social_700x466-1498087401.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I hope rare finds is something good but it's probably Shadow of Your Love and Heartbreak Hotel.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The band will also launch a limited-run channel on SiriusXM called “Guns N’ Roses Radio” that will be available from July 13-22 featuring their classic albums, live tracks, rare finds...

My juices just started flowing.

i'm hoping it's truly shit we haven't heard before and not just stuff like crash diet or there was a time (bass heavy mix with remixed peacock mating call intro

I hope rare finds is something good but it's probably Shadow of Your Love and Heartbreak Hotel.

They just stopped.

Seriously, a box set is needed to get that stuff out there in proper circulation. The average fan has never heard that stuff and hardcores would like higher quality versions of those tracks. Its win-win.

Board footer