You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Sirius XM 41

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Heard Spay this morning. Decent track from a mediocre album.

Honestly the station grows boring after a few listens. Too much non-GnR filler for my liking. I don't need to hear Back in Black, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Crocodile Rock every other song.

I think I heard Duff will be hosting his own show on the channel early next week...not positive but caught the tail end of an ad. Hopefully it's not just that shitty live book he did.

Unfortunately they don't have enough original material to fill an entire channel 24/7/7. I don't think you'd even get through one day before you start with repeats. I haven't listened to CD in some time so it's kind of refreshing to hear them mixed in on the channel.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Too much filler. Every other song is a non-GNR song.

They could easily fill 24 hours with every GNR song plus every side project and guest appearance.

Where's "I Will Not Go Quietly"? A great Axl appearance on a non-GNR song.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It's almost like they aren't putting any effort in...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Honestly the station grows boring after a few listens. Too much non-GnR filler for my liking. I don't need to hear Back in Black, Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Crocodile Rock every other song.

I think I heard Duff will be hosting his own show on the channel early next week...not positive but caught the tail end of an ad. Hopefully it's not just that shitty live book he did.

Unfortunately they don't have enough original material to fill an entire channel 24/7/7. I don't think you'd even get through one day before you start with repeats. I haven't listened to CD in some time so it's kind of refreshing to hear them mixed in on the channel.

Fair point but there is plenty of material they aren't yet playing from which to draw. I have yet to hear anything from Slash feat Myles and the Conspirators, Loaded, any Izzy, Adler, live shows outside of Coachella and Live Era, any other former members other projects specifically Bucket, Neurotic Outsiders, Gilby, Walking Papers, etc.

You're telling me you can't ditch overplayed Stones tracks and put something more GnR focused there? I get there will be repeats but I've already heard GnR's Whole Lotta Rosie 3x in the past 24 hours...and thats with the filler!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Fair point but there is plenty of material they aren't yet playing from which to draw. I have yet to hear anything from Slash feat Myles and the Conspirators, Loaded, any Izzy, Adler, live shows outside of Coachella and Live Era, any other former members other projects specifically Bucket, Neurotic Outsiders, Gilby, Walking Papers, etc.

You're telling me you can't ditch overplayed Stones tracks and put something more GnR focused there? I get there will be repeats but I've already heard GnR's Whole Lotta Rosie 3x in the past 24 hours...and thats with the filler!

I heard a Loaded song yesterday. Whatever it was, it sucked.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
bigbri wrote:

They could easily fill 24 hours with every GNR song plus every side project and guest appearance.

Where's "I Will Not Go Quietly"? A great Axl appearance on a non-GNR song.

no doubt. throw some bucket in there for the hell of it. between his pikes, album cuts, praxis and c2b3... he's got enough jams to fill up an entire month.

as seemingly destroyed as the axl/bucket relationship is, when slash got back with axl, i realized anything was possible, and that bucket coming back at some point could actually happen. i guess when slash's contract is up that could be an option, but at that point, axl will have made more money than he'll ever know what to do with... so who knows?

in any case, it will always blow my mind that axl had bucket & brain in his band and only squeezed a few songs out of them. with that talent involved, how the fuck do you not at least base an entire album around them?

each CD lineup should have had its own record -- the beaven album in '99, a bucket/brain album, even a dj/fortus/bumblefoot album.... that's better than stitching together a bunch of fragments and pretending everything was organic.

it goes without saying, but an album right now would set the world on fire. all it takes is a single, video & promotion.

listening to all the old songs just makes me wish we had something new. it's embarrassing to even refer to CD songs as "new" at this point.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Sound Board Night Train from Coachella, THANKS TO GIBBO FOR UPLOADING!!!!  THIS IS WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN PLAYING ON GNR RADIO ON SIRIUS XM 41

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

I shouldn't listen to any more NITL soundboards. Too depressing.

Axl has no reason to ask Bucket back. Bucket would never do it. He got royally fucked. Too much pride/integrity. I'd like to see him get a payday though.

I think there's an alternate timeline where Axl and Bucket became iconic but sadly it didn't come to pass and now we're in the timeline where that never happened.

The only way a record gets released is if Axl nuts up and hires a manager. So... not in this lifetime. The dude has burned more wood than the clan.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I shouldn't listen to any more NITL soundboards. Too depressing.

Axl has no reason to ask Bucket back. Bucket would never do it. He got royally fucked. Too much pride/integrity. I'd like to see him get a payday though.

I think there's an alternate timeline where Axl and Bucket became iconic but sadly it didn't come to pass and now we're in the timeline where that never happened.

The only way a record gets released is if Axl nuts up and hires a manager. So... not in this lifetime. The dude has burned more wood than the clan.

Why are you depressed from hearing a killer sound board Night Train???

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

Axl sings side mouth, the tempo is off, and the band doesn't sound great. It is what it is but it's a step down.

When all you listen to is classical and Buckethead and then to the aging drunken blues it all feels a little dirty.

Board footer