You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Michael Jackson "Scream" - September 29th

James wrote:

Shows how much I've been paying attention....didn't know about those releases.

I need to check out that Bad anniversary edition.

You have to think that the vault is getting a little bare considering the those two LPs were the scraps from other records.

Yeah if they're using rejects from other albums to fill up the space on deluxe editions, its definitely bone dry.

If GNR ever decide to start unloading their vault, we're gonna find out how full that vault really is fairly quickly.

James

James wrote:

That Rockwell song is still bad ass....

It probably should've made its way to an MJ album decades ago. Once five minutes passed and no one cared about Rockwell, this song basically faded into obscurity until the late 90s/early 00s when VH1 started having those 80s shows.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

they're using rejects from other albums to fill up the space on deluxe editions, its definitely bone dry.

Michael was his new project he was working on and I would say working on should be used loosely. Most MJ fans hate that record because 1/3 of it is in question if it's Michael singing and/or what he thought of it.

Xscape was a combination of Dangerous and Invincible sessions.

There's at least 1-2 albums out there including half of an album which made it to Michael and the other half equally controversial. It was briefly brought to auction and then rescinded earlier this year.

You hope to Christ we don't have to suffer through that sort of horse shit with GNR.

James

James wrote:

Wow...people question if he's singing on the albums?

His well WAS bone dry.

He sounds like Axl....willing to spend a huge chunk of his career doing anything but recording.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wow...people question if he's singing on the albums?

His well WAS bone dry.

He sounds like Axl....willing to spend a huge chunk of his career doing anything but recording.

Invincible cost $30 million to produce.

$14 million, Axl? Those are rookie numbers in this racket.

That reminds me, there's still 1-2 albums worth of songs from those sessions as well.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

James Lofton wrote:

Shows how much I've been paying attention....didn't know about those releases.

I need to check out that Bad anniversary edition.

You have to think that the vault is getting a little bare considering the those two LPs were the scraps from other records.

Yeah if they're using rejects from other albums to fill up the space on deluxe editions, its definitely bone dry.

If GNR ever decide to start unloading their vault, we're gonna find out how full that vault really is fairly quickly.

The Bad 25th Anniversary release is pretty legit. Own a copy on CD. Al Capone is a jam! As for MJ vault material, there is still another song he did with Freddie Mercury that the estate is just sitting on. They released one of them already on the Queen Forever compilation with "There Must Be More To Life Than This".

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

Eh, most of the Michael rarities don't really do much for me.

But being positive and speaking of Bad 25, I love the intro to Streetwalker though. Amazing. It paints just a lovely and evocative picture.

I like Sunday Driver and maybe a couple others but the rest are for the birds.

On a negative snarky fan note, they ruined Do You Know Where Your Children Are? like Axl ruined Catcher. The non-album / non-original version demo was 100x better. I wish I still had it.

Board footer