You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Rock In Rio 2017 | Sept 23

PaSnow wrote:

Uggh, just checkin out YCBM on YT. Bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79m4xeMUROk

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

huh, I've just checked ChiDem on random.
my god, that sounds bad. like a powered-down castrated cover version.
huh. this is bad.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Frank`s shirt says everything. SHIT.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Watched a few low quality vids and yeah it's pretty poor. There sounds to be errors across the board though, little mistakes and bad timing. There's mention of technical issues so I'm guessing that's played a part if they couldn't hear each other.

Axls voice sounds to be really struggling, even his go to clean voice of recent years is off and there's a real lack of power. I'm wondering if he's ill because it's way below the level of the last 18 months generally.

Don't know why they keep bothering with RIR it seems to be a doomed gig for GNR these days.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I’m relatively surprised they didn’t do something special/different.

I’m glad I didn’t stay up.

Pretty nice production values though.

Shrug.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

YCBM was pretty damn bad. Slash remains the highlight; I like the little things he's doing to make things at least sound interesting after 30 years.

He's the standout, just like Bucket was the highlight when he was around.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Maybe he needs a rest. I think its getting a bit too much criticism but yeah...not at the top of his game here.

I just listened to CD. Not too bad but he's got to stop running like he's Marion Jones going for the gold. When he was in his 20s...fine. Now? Totally not necessary.

Anyone saying this is as bad as 2011 is on crack although I didn't watch it. Just YCBM and CD.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

They had an off night all round I think, nothing more nothing less.

On the positive, they played a near 3hr 30 mins show which for a group of bored, resentful, money grabbing 50 somethings aint half bad.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

It's understandable to have lowered expectations. They're older. Father Time remains undefeated.

But at some point, fans expect a little something something. A little wind in the sails.

That could be a killer performance. Even New GNR haters can admit the Rock Am Ring and Download shows were pretty darn good. Or it could be a shuffled setlist. Or remixing the style of the songs. But the same show at a big venue after a 2+ week delay is again, just lowest hanging fruit of the tree.

I'm sure the Brazil fans had a good time though.

It'll be interesting to see how the US tour sells.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd love to call this an off night. And I think in this instance it was exasperated by sound issues and the like. Although this band is loose as fuck - it's like there's zero communication between Slash and Frank at times. But realistically it's been an off night almost every show in 2017. Pretty much every performance this year has been drastically worse than in 2016 never mind everything else.

Maybe they should reconsider this 3 hour set too. 

People always post it as a positive but I mean at some stage especially at a festival, I think people would be happier with a balls to the wall short setlist of half the length where  Axl actually tried his hardest and delivered a memorable performance, than 3 hours of him pacing himself and protecting to the extent that it becomes unlistenable and brings shame on the band.

Board footer