You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ZeroMortals7
 Rep: 0 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

ZeroMortals7 wrote:
Pacha wrote:

After listen all the remix leaked, I can say that the only ones that worth something to me are This I love, just for Axl vocals, and Better (Ashba version). The rest are pure crap, I can't bealive that Axl wanted to realease them like a official record.

Axl knows what he's doing. Brain and Melissa know what they're doing. It would be a 6 song EP. A teaser before the next Chinese Democracy record. But the record company blew it not releasing it. Blame the record label. The same record label making you pay $1000 and $179 for songs you already heard years ago on youtube and on other social media platforms.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

The evil label, bankrolling the project from '94 to '04. They fail to recognize the genius who stayed home for the mothership release. When he finally re-surfaced, he blamed the label (which dropped the ball, but so did everybody else).

The label has been mostly useless for Guns artistically (big surprise), while Guns have vehemently denieyd most procedural media access and promotion opportunities. One big print interview with Axl, with a talk show appearance (interview + live song), and he's done the bare minimum to show up and present his art to the public through his own image.

The label may be kicking themselves now. I'd imagine CD gets more attention now than on its release. The label could release things, digitally. Only the window of opportunity passed. Ax was in the mood when the label was not - and vice versa. Sounds like a petty and uneven relationship, where they get nothing done within a lifetime.

Duff and Slash should just start hammering songs out and arrange them with the band. Mr Moody could focus on lyrics and melody. 4-6 songs, rockers. Gee, would it sell?

ZeroMortals7
 Rep: 0 

ZeroMortals7 wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

The evil label, bankrolling the project from '94 to '04. They fail to recognize the genius who stayed home for the mothership release. When he finally re-surfaced, he blamed the label (which dropped the ball, but so did everybody else).

The label has been mostly useless for Guns artistically (big surprise), while Guns have vehemently denieyd most procedural media access and promotion opportunities. One big print interview with Axl, with a talk show appearance (interview + live song), and he's done the bare minimum to show up and present his art to the public through his own image.

The label may be kicking themselves now. I'd imagine CD gets more attention now than on its release. The label could release things, digitally. Only the window of opportunity passed. Ax was in the mood when the label was not - and vice versa. Sounds like a petty and uneven relationship, where they get nothing done within a lifetime.

Duff and Slash should just start hammering songs out and arrange them with the band. Mr Moody could focus on lyrics and melody. 4-6 songs, rockers. Gee, would it sell?

Of course that would sell. Evidence is the NITL tour. HUGE sales. Millions and millions being made. Probably why the afd stuff was jacked up to $1000 and $179. But the Chinese Democracy remix EP would sell too. Brain and Melissa would help with its sales through promotion and continued performances of the remixes at sports games.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I think pretty much anything released under GNR moniker could sell like hell now. no matter who plays on that. but not a remix EP, that would be a flop. people expect rock stuff from GNR, not some remix crap (no matter how us hardcores might like it)

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

Yeah they just need  a new axl slash and duff album of new songs not CD left overs.

Make it a double album.  the first disc is Axl slash and duff and the 2nd cd would be the CD left overs with the BH and Finck era of the band

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I am fairly certain the reason (at this point) for the holdup in releases is at least in part due to Axl not believing he will profit appropriately. Look at CD - that got out because of the sweetheart Best Buy deal.

In the early 2000s it was easy to say he was a perfectionist and explain away the delays. At this point, and with the advent of NITL tour, how could it be anything but money?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

At least Slash is giving us a new album that hopefully is full of more kick ass riffs. Slash and Duff would record a new Guns album tomorrow with ease. It is Axl that has no interest in it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

GNR probably wants out of its record deal.

Remember at china exchange Axl said how if he did things differently he would have formed his own record company.

So if you are the label....you have 1 GNR release left that you get profits on.....lets be real - GNR was a classic rock not a dance act, and to the general public Chinese Democracy itself is not a 'real' GNR record due to the line up - so if you are the label - do you want your final GNR release before Axl forms his own label to be a dance remix of Chinese Democracy?

I think Axl's plan was to con the label into the remix album, then he can do CD2 and future releases under his own banner. However the label wasn't that dumb.

This made Axl's next move quite logical. He can't release a new record - as he wants that for his own label. But another tour with the nu-lineup will not do adequate numbers without new material as he's already been out playing hits with them for 15 years.

The logical move is reunion. Reunion can do massive numbers for a huge payday, and it doesn't need new material at first either.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Yeah I have no interest in a remix album of an album that is a decade old.

Anything, Ashba make me vomit. That guy was the worst thing to happen to Guns N' Roses, and it really lost me as fan of the band. I mean I was already lost when Finck left the band, but, fuck.

Unfortunately if you want out of the deal they will probably have to release something. So might as well make it count and do it with some good material.

It seems like the waiting is the hardest part.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
TheSundanceKid wrote:

Y
Unfortunately if you want out of the deal they will probably have to release something. So might as well make it count and do it with some good material.

I agree...but I think this is where they get into a standoff.

Axl's got millions and millions again now after this tour.

He's 55. He could just retire or do a hits show every 6-7 years for another couple of cycles, then call it a day.

The label might realise that something is better than nothing and agree to his terms.

Then again....the hits show next cycle would be vastly improved by releasing a new album to theme it around ac/dc style.....

So who knows. Labels are pragmatic but also don't like fucking themselves.

Board footer