You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

sp1at wrote:
Facekicker wrote:
LocoComa wrote:
motoguzzy wrote:

not talking about Atlas - Silkworms - The General (2 mins)  ?????

Those leaks are bullshit. If anything, this leak proves it. Within a couple hours, it was everywhere. They would've never been contained for 2 whole weeks. That, along with the fact that those dips are also trying to take credit for this one.

No. Those are leaks.

Madagascar is not a leak. It's a demo of a song everyone already has. Hence why nobody cares to horde it.

Your circle of people have privately told our circle of people your 'thing'

There is no point posting here.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I listened to the Boston promo again.

It'd be interesting to hear that version of Madagascar.

I still want the version of Chinese with the synth intro that Zoot worked on.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I listened to the Boston promo again.

It'd be interesting to hear that version of Madagascar.

I still want the version of Chinese with the synth intro that Zoot worked on.

THIS espeically since it will just have the lower Axl voice and not the annoying high voice over layer that ruins the song. At least the first leak had just the lower voice

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Facekicker wrote:
LocoComa wrote:
motoguzzy wrote:

not talking about Atlas - Silkworms - The General (2 mins)  ?????

Those leaks are bullshit.

No. Those are leaks.

Madagascar is not a leak. It's a demo of a song everyone already has. Hence why nobody cares to horde it.

Facekicker wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Not really leaks though are they. A song nobody is listening to because they don’t have it isn’t a leak.

Rather they are not listening because they are shit

Keep crying about it though, I'm sure that will change people's minds 13

In regards to Atlas/Silk Worms/General (part) having leaked or being any good?

If a song leaks to a small circle of people, it's a leak for them. If it leaks into public forums, it's a leak for all.

Some people may have them for all I care. That hardly makes them any more interesting to talk about.

Maddy is out and we can have a laugh by studying it a bit. That's more than what can be said about the others.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:
Walker wrote:

Madagascar was chosen to test the waters. I haven't yet ruled out The Blues and maybe more, but I was hoping this could hold us over until either Appetite 30 comes out or xmas comes. Either way, the fans will have some new GNR tunes when Santa comes.

thanks fam! santa needs to hurry the fuck up! axl

despite some of the sonic weirdness, this version of madagascar is great and was ready for release, imo.

it's clear that the shift of vision/sound from the sean beaven 2000 intensions album warranted some drastic changes with the existing songs. the raw, unpolished demos were re-worked to sound more modern, full and polished. this definitely improved some of the tunes -- there was a time being the strongest example, catcher being the worst. as cool as the '99 version sound of twat sounds, that song needed finck and bucket to elevate it. but i don't see how this version of madagascar needed to be re-worked -- yeah, the rhythm guitar is weird at times, but the song was ready to go, brother.

it's crazy to think that axl had a stack of madagascar demos with labels like "madagascar version #53 (w/ extended outro feedback)."

the guy spent the prime of his career re-doing guitar and bass tracks, yet only re-recorded vocals a few times throughout the process of making the album. for a perfectionist, he sure seemed to ignore his own work a majority of the time. it's okay to go full mickey on songs like rhiad, this i love and if the world, but sure... let's spend a few years trying to nail the drum sound of chinese democracy.

in any case, hearing new shit is always great. as far as cd 2001 era shit goes, i'd LOVE to hear the blues, chinese democracy and an early prostitute, if the latter 2 are even out there.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

It would be great to hear an '02 The Blues. Can't believe how badly that song was butchered on the album!

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

May i please hear this Maddy?

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

it's crazy to think that axl had a stack of madagascar demos with labels like "madagascar version #53 (w/ extended outro feedback)."

I know big_smile

People have compared it to the Library of Congress, but I've been told the vault in reality is in a storage facility; a single room, with a computer, and stacked with discs.

Voodoochild wrote:

Also, there is the quality of the rips: I never understood why IRS, TWAT, Catcher and Checkmate all sounded like it was ripped from an analog cassete player.

Good point and Occam's razor says they were. For instance, Axl went to Vegas in 2003 and some songs got ripped because he obliged his disc to the venue PA. They could've recorded the songs on tape as they were playing. It's a smooth way to do it, just keep a game face with Axl.

dalethirsty wrote:

the guy spent the prime of his career re-doing guitar and bass tracks, yet only re-recorded vocals a few times throughout the process of making the album.

I'm guessing, but roughly 35 individual songs. Three albums worth, with two pending. You could say he has the UYI of the CD era readied.

I hear what you're saying, tho. I would've encouraged Axl to do a few covers on Elton John or whatnot, when suitable opportunities come around. He could've tried out the new production techniques and would've gained new audiences. Some people would've reconsidered his artistic ability. Greatest Hits? Jump in, the label will put it out, anyway. One rocker, like Better. Consolidate your studio success.

That way, the album would have better traction when it would land. You need your pre-season.

dalethirsty wrote:

for a perfectionist, he sure seemed to ignore his own work a majority of the time.

It has a lot to do with feeling. Axl felt the '99 vocals were untouchable. Recording them was likely a task for him. There'd been a long pause in writing lyrics and singing altogether. The last original song he'd developed had been TIL in '93.

dalethirsty wrote:

in any case, hearing new shit is always great. as far as cd 2001 era shit goes, i'd LOVE to hear the blues, chinese democracy and this i love, if the latter 2 are even out there.

They will come out eventually. The NITL era will quite likely see an Axl/DC album, which should be great. It would solidify Axl's frontman legacy  and spur him onwards and upwards. The guy's 55, and suddenly he's fronting two big rock bands.

Axl saw the light and was given his career back, with more good things than what he bargained for. Furthermore, I'm glad Slash came in before Angus. Imagine DJ and Angus sharing a stage 14

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

As far as Axl/DC goes, if all Axl will do is sing 12 generic Angus` songs then fuck it, I`m not interested.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I would LOVE to get the Boston Promo version of CD. That opening CD riff was killer.

sp1at wrote:
Facekicker wrote:
LocoComa wrote:

Those leaks are bullshit. If anything, this leak proves it. Within a couple hours, it was everywhere. They would've never been contained for 2 whole weeks. That, along with the fact that those dips are also trying to take credit for this one.

No. Those are leaks.

Your circle of people have privately told our circle of people your 'thing'

There is no point posting here.

I can verify this.

Board footer