You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Malcolm Young dead at 64

buzzsaw wrote:

RIP.  Was never really an AC/DC fan, but can't deny their impact on rock music.

I wonder what if anything that does to their plans...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Probably nothing because he's been out of the band for a while, they already moved on after he'd been diagnosed with dementia. Poor guy. Last I heard about him was that he didn't know anyone anymore. sad

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Hell of a way to go. So sad

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

Probably nothing because he's been out of the band for a while, they already moved on after he'd been diagnosed with dementia. Poor guy. Last I heard about him was that he didn't know anyone anymore. sad

Yeah, I was thinking more from an emotional point of view, but you're probably right.  Sad either way.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

RIP

Awful few weeks for Angus, losing 2 brothers in as many weeks.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Wow...sad to hear...only in recent years have i come to appreciate AC/DC...and this was prior to Axl's involment...anyway malcom may have been a near perfect rhythm guitarist

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Glad he's finally at peace now! My condolences to Angus and the rest of his family.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah he was great.  Great band & unique for their era (mid 70s/early 80s?).  64 is not old for that kinda stuff.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Never a massive fan of AC/DC, but since the band I'm in starting covering Whole Lotta Rosie & You Shook Me I've grown a massive appreciation for the groove their songs had. And for that I salute Malcolm!

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Wow...sad to hear...only in recent years have i come to appreciate AC/DC...and this was prior to Axl's involment...anyway malcom may have been a near perfect rhythm guitarist

Yep, he was razor sharp, like a machine, but with massive groove and feel. The guy was lightning in a bottle.

Board footer