You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: GNR at The Forum on Sirius XM. Tonight! 10:30ET, 7:30PT!

Smoking Guns wrote:

What an amazing show!!! Listened live with Bono, Gibbo, Metallex78, and Monkeychow. The mix was AMAZING!  Axl for the most part was amazing!!  Slash’s tone was so beautiful. The mix was perfect.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

I must have listened to something else then.

Axl`s low register is alright but the moment he tries to hit high notes, is just painful.

Either his high register is gone for good or he does n`t care despite long shows they put on.

I, myself, lean towards tha latter.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

auad
 Rep: 3 

auad wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

What an amazing show!!! Listened live with Bono, Gibbo, Metallex78, and Monkeychow. The mix was AMAZING!  Axl for the most part was amazing!!  Slash’s tone was so beautiful. The mix was perfect.

Is there a mp3 link from the show?

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I listened to the first 4 songs and mostly trailed off from there.

The long and short of it is that Axl showed up motivated, you could hear a clear snarl in his voice that has been missing in other shows, the band delivered another deep setlist for the hometown crowd, and collectively, the band's performance was a marked improvement over Rio and the Apollo show.

But Fortus and Slash still have no chemistry, Axl's twilight years are depressing, and there's some truly awful playing going on.

And the depressing thing is it won't matter a bit.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Wow Melissa excellent on the backing vocals at the end of Madagascar. Cool addition.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Axl`s low register is alright but the moment he tries to hit high notes, is just painful.

I'll be honest and say i've been having a hard time adapting to how his voice has changed.

Often when watching modern GNR i'm loving the instrumentals but Axl's part is just kinda jarring.

I think that's been the change since about 2012. Prior to that time GNR was usually better live than in the studio. Slash is still the same way. But these days the vocals are so questionable live that I start thinking listening to the CD might be better sometimes.

He seems to have less pitch control this tour too, so i'm thinking maybe some of it is damage and age rather than just being casual about it.

I'll give him though that he really seemed to be using less Mickey than in previous shows. There's still quite a bit but passages he often skips he seemed to be intentionally adding a bit more grit to in places.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

So having not heard any audio of this, how does it stack up? Are there certain songs I should go to over others when listening?

Board footer