You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: GNR at The Forum on Sirius XM. Tonight! 10:30ET, 7:30PT!

FlashFlood wrote:

The quality of the recording itself is better than anything this lineup has put out there. Slash kills it on TWAT

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Listening Again...Slash's tone is sooo good!!!

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

badass version of chinese democracy! the layered vocals with axl, melissa and duff sound amazing. crazy how that song has become one of the freshest sounding tunes on this tour. others on the board have said it as well, but it really is the song to listen to from each show.

also -- that intro to better is so fuckin' killer. i know it's just the riff from the bridge, but it gets me hyped up every time. i lost my damn mind both times i heard them do that part live.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah...the way Slash does the outro solo on Chinese Democracy blows my mind every time. It's fucking epic. And his tone on the main riff is awesome. It's a simple song but it makes it so exciting.

I know it sounds nuts, but I'm convinced the main riff from silkworms would also sound amazing if played in a rock way by Slash.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

A four hour show? Jesus. I thought my show lasted forever and a day.

dalethirsty wrote:

badass version of chinese democracy! the layered vocals with axl, melissa and duff sound amazing. crazy how that song has become one of the freshest sounding tunes on this tour. others on the board have said it as well, but it really is the song to listen to from each show.

For 90% of the shows I've checked on youtube, its THE song I click.

dalethirsty wrote:

also -- that intro to better is so fuckin' killer. i know it's just the riff from the bridge, but it gets me hyped up every time. i lost my damn mind both times i heard them do that part live.

It really shows how they could've improved the CD songs had this happened 10 years ago. He does a minor thing and rearranges it and it completely breathes new life into a song.

Same with CD. It hasn't sounded that good since 2001-02.

They need to start performing IRS.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

just listened to some CD songs from the broadcast. unfortunately there's still wayyyy, wayyy too much mickey in there. in some parts, the rasp is great, lower registers sound badass. but as soon as the vocals go higher, it becomes embarassing again.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Well, I'll say this, the mix on the broadcast was shit. Reminds me of that AOL stream (Rio?) back in 2006.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Well, I'll say this, the mix on the broadcast was shit. Reminds me of that AOL stream (Rio?) back in 2006.

Wow, can’t believe I am reading this.

Gibbo
 Rep: 191 

Gibbo wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Are your ears painted on? Its the best mixed gnr show along with that vegas bluray that's that bad I cant even get through the whole show

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

There's no sense of space or ambiance. Slash might as well be overdubbing his guitars on the moon. It's so dry.

Axl's vocals are either up to 10 or inaudible underneath the drums or guitar. I feel like I'm listening to a backing track.

Edit: I admit I might be crazy.

Board footer