You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Dolores O'Riordan of The Cranberries has passed

PaSnow wrote:

Ashame. Only 46. Really hope this isn't drugs too but the stories seem to hint at it a bit.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/news … 46-w515435

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Shitty...my wife loves them as does my youngest daughter

RIP

johndivney wrote:

Shitty news but not shocking or much of a surprise. A shame.

Great voice.. pretty generic band, she set them apart but didn’t offer much bar their narrow window & even that wasn’t great imo tho they left a couple of lasting singles. Sad story, shite music. Shame for her as she had talent.
Easy to pigeonhole as post-sinead (& post U2, but U2 were truly always & forever godfucking awful, a true national embarrassment that few countries can match), but Dolores had a great voice all her own & deserved a better life. Sad, but so it goes for damaged souls. We do so little for our victims except trample over them & ridicule them instead of cherishing their stories & talents. A(nother) shameful day for Ireland.

I don’t want it to seem like I’m a cranberries fan, I absolutely wasn’t & thought they were near cheap trash as artists. But she had a great voice & more than that needed & deserved as much protection & love as anyone else. We didn’t look after her like we should’ve, no excuses justify this ending for her. Reminds me kind of an Irish Janis..

johndivney wrote:

Their record label definitely misguided & manipulated them. Obv the band & Delores share some responsibility for that. But chasing international success i.e. the American-Irish market instead of their own ambitions & artistic goals set her & them on a road to ruin. Maybe she was destined for this outcome no matter what, but as a band they were instantly infected by greed & nonsense & located no real integrity or honesty until their moment had long passed.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, they were good. In their own way, a bit mainstream but can't knock them for it. The Sundays were great, a bit more legit imho. Their cover of Wild Horses was an all time cover. Still, The Cranberries were great in their own right & a good band.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'll never forget how they blew the world's mind with Zombie in 94. A total WTF moment. The world had just been overexposed with Dreams and Linger and out of the blue, here comes a song like THAT.

I don't know the ins and outs of the band. It was their last mega hit and they deserved a bigger run than that.

Board footer