You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

Neemo wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

or is this just a dumb social media gimmick that plays the same shit that's on spotify?

That's exactly what my guess is

I like to keep my expectations bar low with this band 16 ... I think they've earned that place and then some lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Mitch Lafon is saying boxset in the Fall.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mitchlafon/s … 8421869568

Assuming it’s a legit account.

Honestly I’d rather have a boxset than a one off show.

Yep...we're getting the box set we should've got the last two years. Better late than never I suppose.

Is it going to have a majority of stuff we already heard? Of course. I'll be buying it anyways.

James

James wrote:

Dollars to donuts this is #AFD30 taking place a year later.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:
kermit the Trump wrote:

Is it going to have a majority of stuff we already heard? Of course. I'll be buying it anyways.

If they give us something worth buying, I'll be there.

If they try to release the polished up Appetite C-sides one per year, I'll tell them to go screw.

James

James wrote:

Best case scenario would be a track list similar to Soundgarden's Superunknown. A bunch of stuff hardcores already had but in HQ and enough unreleased demos/rehearsals to cause us to salivate temporarily.

I still listen to some of those demos from that box set.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

It'd be amazing if we got a box set with the '99 version included on one of the disks. That'll never happen though.

I know it's not what you guys want...but my fantasy along those lines is take the 1999 Axl vocals and put them with 2018 Slash....that would be an interesting update...I'd like to hear stuff like Nighttrain without the fadeout and brownstone with a longer intro....and jungle needs a studio "do you know where the fuck you are" too!!!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To be honest i'll buy it just for a straight up appetite remaster....but yeah...some of the bonus stuff we all know they have would be nice....

Disc 1: AFD remastered
Disc 2: B Side Songs and Early Demos or a new song for the hell of it
Disc 3: AFD live 1980s
Disc 4: AFD Live 2016 show
Disc 5: AFD redux versions 1999 (maybe with some 2018 added)
Disc 6: AFD video Clips and Live Clips

That's kinda the dream package.

But this is GNR, we'll probably get a belt-buckle and the promise of cool stuff in a couple more years.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Monk that 1999 re-record has flown the coup along with Bucket & his chickens. Axl has the most solid GN'R tribute lineup he's ever had, and most successful -- right now.

I'd love to hear that stuff too, but me thinks it'd make more sense on an CD/Echo of Miles release than a release having to do with the original Guns N' Roses.

My expectation bar is in the fucking basement (ala Neemo). All this shit should've happened LAST FUCKING YEAR like other albums such as Whitesnake '87 that got the big Super Deluxe Edition treatment.

My hopes, at the least.

Disc 1:

AFD Re-mastered + Shadow of Your Love [2018 Remix], Jumpin' Jack Flash [2018 Remix]

That should be the base-CD. The cheap one.

Dream list:

CD1: AFD Re-mastered (original 12 tracks remastered)
CD2: AFD Reconstructed (new tracklist, re-arranging tracks similar to setlists and removing Anything Goes & electric-You're Crazy for extended versions of Nightrain, Rocket Queen, as well as adding 2018 remixes of Shadow of Your Love, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Patience, Used To Love Her & acoustic You're Crazy
CD3: Demos of anything and everything they'd like to put on it
CD4: Some HQ un-released Live Performance from 1987-88

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I don't see the appeal in a remaster.

I remember conversations with music nerds back in the day about the Super CDs being better mastered or something like that but that's for the birds. I've never listened to Appetite and really wanted any changes. Mix, master, anything.

But the Illusions records? You could make a strong argument for changing something on half of the songs. Both production-wise and vocal tracks, overdubs, takes, etc.

Anyway, my guess is this rig tops out at 2 CDs. You've gotta hold something back for the inevitable discography box set.

Or Guns is really, really done. And we're ahead of schedule and everyone's in full fuck it mode. AFD box set now, UYI box set a half decade later, and then wrap up the whole enchilada another five after that.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

You say Remaster

You mean Re-Arranging. Or Remix.

Remaster just means cleaning up the old songs and making them fresh. The exact reason for a new release. lol...

Board footer