You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Fortus thinks new Guns music coming sooner than you think

FlashFlood wrote:
zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

yeah, right.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

AndreCC wrote:

He said the same thing in 2011! It's been almost 8 years...

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

TL;DR:

New album = new tour cycle (= more $). Stuff already recorded. Maybe it'll happen.

Where to listen:
Part 2, ~2:15 timecode

On the next album:
"I sure hope it happens faster"

On if a new GNR song could be released by end of 2019:
"It could definitely happen"

On if stuff is already recorded / started:
"Maybe" (subtext: wry)

Another on new album:
"We're hoping to get one out soon"

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Thanks, Wagz.

Idk it sounds eerily more optimistic than some other shit he/they have said. But I’m punch drunk from this band so who fucking knows.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Have they never heard of the old fable The Boy Who Cried New Music?? Alas, this could be the time that a new album really is coming but no fucker pays a blind bit of notice ?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

gavgnr wrote:

Have they never heard of the old fable The Boy Who Cried New Music?? Alas, this could be the time that a new album really is coming but no fucker pays a blind bit of notice ?

Gotta remember the behind-the-scenes shenanigans. The last time everyone was talking up a new album was right in the middle of the Ashba era; at that time, they did have something ready to go (the fabled self-titled album that IIRC MSL spilled the beans on) but the record company seemingly wanted nothing to do with it.

We can speculate on their reasoning, but it seems pretty obvious to me; they could see the writing on the wall for the Ashba-era band, which coupled with the possibility of Slash and Duff returning made releasing a new album from a soon-to-be-defunct band a non-starter. Why bother, when in a year or two's time, they could have Slash and Duff whack some overdubs on the material, contribute a couple of new songs and sell twenty times as many copies?

EDIT: Not, of course, that I'm saying that GN'R's going to half-arse the recording of the new album like that – but from the record company's perspective they could have Slash and Duff put in a minimum of effort for massively increased returns. Anything else the band plans – like, say, reconvening to record a new album from the ground up – is an added bonus as far as they're concerned.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I agree the big issue was money.

Guns as a two-man show sells hot cakes and integrity is tossed in the wind. That's showbiz, and fighter-pilot money. An album from them, despite who wrote the songs? Why not.

What about the replacements of the band that took years to deliver an underperforming album, that required various legal gymnastics to be released? Umm...

I bet a lot of CD's road had been paved up ahead of the release and Axl sort of let go without much of a fight, maybe due to exhaustion. The next one was bound to be difficult for him and the label.

Sky Dog wrote:

They ought to call any new release Odds and Sods part II. axl

...featuring a cover of The Seeker.

Board footer