You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: The Silence is Deafening

mitchejw wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well as Madagas sugested...apparently its in bad taste to discuss multimillion dollar deals before they are finalized...not that Axl needs a reason to remain mute

the curious thing i find is that in all this Robin, Pittman and even Tommy are just as adept as Axl at disappearing from public life

That's a really good point...but I guess they figure...if there's nothing to say...there's nothing to say

Maverick
 Rep: 2 

Maverick wrote:
Neemo wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
JonathanvonDoom wrote:

We can always post more of those irrelevant Ron Thal interviews he seems to enjoy giving. Seriously, let's just talk about how cool Robin being a gypsy is.

Seriously...is there anything more annoying that interviewing someone who won't answer questions about anything interesting?

gotta feel sorry for the guy...he loves communicating and interacting with the fans but his hands are tied when it comes to GnR...as he said before its not his place to discuss the album

Which, as much of a die hard GNR fan that I am, I must admit is VERY sad that the (co) LEAD GUITARIST of the band can't talk about the album.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Maverick wrote:
Neemo wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Seriously...is there anything more annoying that interviewing someone who won't answer questions about anything interesting?

gotta feel sorry for the guy...he loves communicating and interacting with the fans but his hands are tied when it comes to GnR...as he said before its not his place to discuss the album

Which, as much of a die hard GNR fan that I am, I must admit is VERY sad that the (co) LEAD GUITARIST of the band can't talk about the album.

It's ridiculous but not really Rons fault.

Having said that various people including band members and Merck have said they can talk about the album they just choose not to out of respect or to ruin the surprise. The only confidentiality thing they've got is something to do with not discussing each others personal business or something like that. Not sure I buy it, but that's what various sources have said at different times.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Maverick wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Having said that various people including band members and Merck have said they can talk about the album they just choose not to out of respect or to ruin the surprise. The only confidentiality thing they've got is something to do with not discussing each others personal business or something like that. Not sure I buy it, but that's what various sources have said at different times.

including ron i think when he did his first chat session with us smile

Maverick
 Rep: 2 

Maverick wrote:

Oh, I wasn't blaming Ron, it just sucks ass.  I mean, he's a great guy and a testament to what can be accomplished through respecting and interacting with one's fans, it's just disappointing.

Maybe he CAN legally discuss it, but he'll catch shit for it if he does.  Or perhaps the other band members warned him in advance of that sort of thing.  (Monthly Tommy "it's coming..." statements... ah the memories.)

Neemo wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Maverick wrote:

including ron i think when he did his first chat session with us smile

Axl will kill them if they spill it about CD 16   

As much as this band is a "different" band from the rest of the bands out there that do talk about their music, it's still hard to swallow that this subject is off limits.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

person: ron, what's your fav. flavor of ice cream?
ron: OMG...I SO LOVE ICE CREAM

It's Vanilla Frozen Yogurt with chunks of real cherry. Good shit, as he would say.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer