You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Drain the Swamp?

James wrote:

I loved that interview. Weird time to be a fan.

Live Era and talk of new material being pushed simultaneously, live Era videos on MTV, Woodstock rumors, OMG.

Hard to believe he had this stuff taking shape and all there was to show for it was OMG.

James

James wrote:

3bunoy.jpg

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Izzyjim wrote:

Soon is the word 16 axl

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I'm in no hurry for disc 2. We've had more music in the last month than we've had since 1993. When we get disc 2 that's probably the last GNR music we're gonna get for another decade in my opinion, lets be realistic.

2 months ago we would have been delighted just to get a full copy of Checkmate. We've quickly become accustomed to logging in daily and finding another full disc, and this leak will eventually run dry putting us back where we started.

I've only listened to RM1, 3 and 4 a handful of times because I honestly think this is all we're getting for a long time (apart from RM2 maybe). I don't want to burn myself out hearing these songs like I did with the original leaks. I used to play Better/IRS/Chi Dem etc on repeat so I was pissed when the official album dropped and I was already tired of hearing all the songs sad Thats my fault for downloading the leaks so I'm trying to show some restraint this time by only listening occassionally 9

The chairman could do us all a favour and hold off on releasing that last disc. It might help us get through another dry spell in 2020 when the band still havent officially released anything

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Will wrote:

I'm in no hurry for disc 2. We've had more music in the last month than we've had since 1993. When we get disc 2 that's probably the last GNR music we're gonna get for another decade in my opinion, lets be realistic.

2 months ago we would have been delighted just to get a full copy of Checkmate. We've quickly become accustomed to logging in daily and finding another full disc, and this leak will eventually run dry putting us back where we started.

I've only listened to RM1, 3 and 4 a handful of times because I honestly think this is all we're getting for a long time (apart from RM2 maybe). I don't want to burn myself out hearing these songs like I did with the original leaks. I used to play Better/IRS/Chi Dem etc on repeat so I was pissed when the official album dropped and I was already tired of hearing all the songs sad Thats my fault for downloading the leaks so I'm trying to show some restraint this time by only listening occassionally 9

The chairman could do us all a favour and hold off on releasing that last disc. It might help us get through another dry spell in 2020 when the band still havent officially released anything

This^. We've definitely become spoiled, when in all reality, this has been a massive dump of new material to the likes of which we've never seen

James

James wrote:

And will never see again.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I dunno - I’m still infinitely more interested in something slash and duff have had some input into - this current lineup feels like a legit GNR lineup for me

As much as I was “all in“ on the CD saga, it was always predominantly about Axl for me and I never felt a huge connection to the merry-go-round of a cast that came and went

Hence, I can’t get too excited about Finck instrumental demo suggestions that have leaked 2 decades later  etc

I crave an official, proper new GNR album more than anything - I’ve said it many times - it would be a disgrace to GnRs legacy if CD were to be the creative bookend

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

I dunno - I’m still infinitely more interested in something slash and duff have had some input into - this current lineup feels like a legit GNR lineup for me

As much as I was “all in“ on the CD saga, it was always predominantly about Axl for me and I never felt a huge connection to the merry-go-round of a cast that came and went

Hence, I can’t get too excited about Finck instrumental demo suggestions that have leaked 2 decades later  etc

I crave an official, proper new GNR album more than anything - I’ve said it many times - it would be a disgrace to GnRs legacy if CD were to be the creative bookend

as sad as it is - these guys more or less depleted their creativity in late 90's and early 2000's. so there might be some small tidbits of fresh stuff on hypothetical new release, but the bulk will probably be re-recorded leftovers which are 20 years old at this point.
don't get me wrong - I'd love to see some genuine new stuff, made by Axl, Slash, Duff together with the rest of the current band - but I have my serious doubts about that.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
zombux wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

as sad as it is - these guys more or less depleted their creativity in late 90's and early 2000's. so there might be some small tidbits of fresh stuff on hypothetical new release, but the bulk will probably be re-recorded leftovers which are 20 years old at this point.
don't get me wrong - I'd love to see some genuine new stuff, made by Axl, Slash, Duff together with the rest of the current band - but I have my serious doubts about that.

Oh I agree and I hope they absolutely take the cream of the crop of this stuff and take it to the next level

Throw in the Seeker, Wichita lineman and perhaps a few new ones cut from the floor ( maybe an Izzy song is a pipe dream ) and we have a legit Guns record

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Throw in the Seeker, Wichita lineman

UGH. PLEASE. NO COVERS ANYMORE. PRETTY PLEASE.

Board footer