You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Gunslinger wrote:
Mike wrote:

If I were to get the PS3, which GB do I get? I heard there's one where you can't play your old PS (1&2) games.

The 40 gb isn't backward compatible to the PS2 (without the use of emulators) due to not using any of the same semi-conductors.  The cost for the compatiblility would be an additional 30-50 bucks so it was a choice based on the target price for the 40 gb version to keep it competitive in the market.  The Xbox 360 is not backward compatible and that probably was another reason this choice was made since it didn't seem to hurt the Xbox 360's sales.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

You can play old xbox games on the 360, at least some of them. I played Reservoir Dogs a few weeks ago.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
Mike wrote:

James, did you ever play Condemned? When I was looking at xbox 360 games, that one caught my attention, they're coming out with a sequel pretty soon.

That game is hands down one of the most intense melee combat games I've ever played.  Its one of the few that has the ability to actually freak me out.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

I just bought Xbox 360 today, I really love it. The games I got were Gears of War and Condemned: Criminal Origins  3

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Is Condemned the game where you are after a serial killer that kills serial killers?

Yeah that game was intense.

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

You can play old xbox games on the 360, at least some of them. I played Reservoir Dogs a few weeks ago.

That wasn't my understanding,  sorry for the inaccurate information.  I understood the Xbox 360 was not backward compatible.  Anyone know if this is a rare instance (Reservoir Dogs being backward compatible) or are there several games that can be played from the Xbox on the 360?  My friend has the 360 but none of the games from the Xbox so I was relying solely on what I had read/heard.

AtariLegend wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

I understood the Xbox 360 was not backward compatible.

You need a hard drive, if you bought an X-box 360 without one, then their are very few X-box games you can play on it.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I bought an Xbox 360 three days ago big_smile Only have Sega Rally so far but will probably pick up a few more games this weekend

Gunslinger

Gunslinger wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

I understood the Xbox 360 was not backward compatible.

You need a hard drive, if you bought an X-box 360 without one, then their are very few X-box games you can play on it.

Thanks, that clears that up.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:
downliner wrote:

I bought an Xbox 360 three days ago big_smile Only have Sega Rally so far but will probably pick up a few more games this weekend

You have to pick up Call of Duty 4. Everyone that says it's better than halo 3 is right. I love the halo series but this game beats it hands down.

Board footer