You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Axlin16 wrote:

I completely agree on DLC's. Prices are just crazy, and you have to draw a line somewhere. I've recently been playing Batman: Arkham Knight (finally). I bought the sum bitch in early July (shortly after it was released), I bought it digital-download off of PSN, because I wanted to play it immediately. It cost me $59.99. I played the Poison Ivy capture deal (like the first thing), then got busy, and never picked it up again until Black Friday in November, I got a special deal + coupon where I bought the "Season Pass" for like $23 bucks off of PSN to get all the current DLC. I started over, played the Poison Ivy mission again... then got busy.

I started it AGAIN, and now i'm in it and like a quarter done. It's cool, it's great, the graphics rule, it's a nice sequel, Mark Hamill returns, but the Batmobile thing SUCKKKKKSSSSS.

But back to the DLC, there's alot of things to like about the "Season Pass" (I got screwed on the Arkham Origins one from a couple years ago), but at the same time... I just can't help... but to feel CHEATED.

All of this stuff is downloaded -- but locked. So it's already in the game. But then you have to pay for it. I payed $83 dollars (in total) for Batman: Arkham Knight... and I didn't even get a game disc. Nothing. If I would've bought the Premium Edition (Game + Season Pass), it would've cost $100 bucks. $100 Bucks!!! For a fucking video game?!?!

Am I old?

Now i'm probably going to Pre-Order "MLB: The Show 16--MVP Edition" for $69.99 (but i'll probably get 20% off). It's got all kinds of bonus stuff, but nothing earth-shattering. The best probably being a collectible Steelbook for American League MVP 3B Josh Donaldson of the Toronto Blue Jays, which looks really cool and I really want as an MLB & PS4 fan.

But there's another version... the "Digital Deluxe Edition" for $100 bucks... and it's ENTIRELY digital. $100 bucks?!?!? For a fucking baseball game that comes out every year with a roster update, no changes to uniforms, and it's $100 bucks? Madden does the exact same thing. So does Call of Duty.

I mean... you get to the point where you DRAW A LINE. $100 bucks is too fucking much for a video game, that in 6 months will be yesterday's news and available on Amazon for usually $25 bucks, if not less.

The greed, and locking people out of games is getting ridiculous.

You ain't the only one. Alot of gamers and customers in general have been getting screwed over by Warner Bros./WB Games for the past couple years now. Their DLC practices especially with the recent Mortal Kombat X and Arkham Knight are beyond shameful. Doesn't help their PR team are run by a bunch of assholes. WB Games also ported a unfinished, buggy version of Arkham Knight onto Steam and PC releases and it took fellow fans to patch their own game while WB did a bullshit apology, took the game off the Steam store, then brought it back weeks later, and still didn't fix everything. roll

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Just went back to The Witcher 3 and those developer's are amazing. All 12 DLCs were free. Only thing they charge for are the 2 expansion packs with add another 20 hours of game play.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

I completely agree on DLC's. Prices are just crazy, and you have to draw a line somewhere. I've recently been playing Batman: Arkham Knight (finally). I bought the sum bitch in early July (shortly after it was released), I bought it digital-download off of PSN, because I wanted to play it immediately. It cost me $59.99. I played the Poison Ivy capture deal (like the first thing), then got busy, and never picked it up again until Black Friday in November, I got a special deal + coupon where I bought the "Season Pass" for like $23 bucks off of PSN to get all the current DLC. I started over, played the Poison Ivy mission again... then got busy.

I started it AGAIN, and now i'm in it and like a quarter done. It's cool, it's great, the graphics rule, it's a nice sequel, Mark Hamill returns, but the Batmobile thing SUCKKKKKSSSSS.

But back to the DLC, there's alot of things to like about the "Season Pass" (I got screwed on the Arkham Origins one from a couple years ago), but at the same time... I just can't help... but to feel CHEATED.

All of this stuff is downloaded -- but locked. So it's already in the game. But then you have to pay for it. I payed $83 dollars (in total) for Batman: Arkham Knight... and I didn't even get a game disc. Nothing. If I would've bought the Premium Edition (Game + Season Pass), it would've cost $100 bucks. $100 Bucks!!! For a fucking video game?!?!

Am I old?

Now i'm probably going to Pre-Order "MLB: The Show 16--MVP Edition" for $69.99 (but i'll probably get 20% off). It's got all kinds of bonus stuff, but nothing earth-shattering. The best probably being a collectible Steelbook for American League MVP 3B Josh Donaldson of the Toronto Blue Jays, which looks really cool and I really want as an MLB & PS4 fan.

But there's another version... the "Digital Deluxe Edition" for $100 bucks... and it's ENTIRELY digital. $100 bucks?!?!? For a fucking baseball game that comes out every year with a roster update, no changes to uniforms, and it's $100 bucks? Madden does the exact same thing. So does Call of Duty.

I mean... you get to the point where you DRAW A LINE. $100 bucks is too fucking much for a video game, that in 6 months will be yesterday's news and available on Amazon for usually $25 bucks, if not less.

The greed, and locking people out of games is getting ridiculous.

You ain't the only one. Alot of gamers and customers in general have been getting screwed over by Warner Bros./WB Games for the past couple years now. Their DLC practices especially with the recent Mortal Kombat X and Arkham Knight are beyond shameful. Doesn't help their PR team are run by a bunch of assholes. WB Games also ported a unfinished, buggy version of Arkham Knight onto Steam and PC releases and it took fellow fans to patch their own game while WB did a bullshit apology, took the game off the Steam store, then brought it back weeks later, and still didn't fix everything. roll

Yeah the Arkham Origins Season Pass was a total fucking ripoff. I remember paying top dollar for that, because I adored Arkham Asylum & Arkham City, and I got hosed. Basically the Season Pass was $30 bucks, and all they gave us was some re-hashed Batman/Catwoman/Robin skins from Arkham City that practically looked ported-over, and they only released one story DLC that was very short, and basically took 6 months to come out, and that was it. It would've made more sense to just skip the Pass and buy the story DLC for $7 bucks later on. I did hear about the PC/Steam rollout on Arkham Knight and thought it was a joke. I knew there was tons of people looking forward MORE to the Steam version than the console. I think the biggest thing that burned people's asses about the Steam deal was that THEY KNEW that game was FUBAR'ED. And yet... they still released it. They still took people's money. Knowing how f'ed it was. And honestly, had all of the gaming sites not called them out on it and made it very public and very embarrassing, they would've just skipped along squashing all the dissenters. "It's a dirty game" ... indeed.

The Arkham Knight DLC has been handled alot better than Origins, but I think people (myself included) feel that when you're paying $30 extra bucks, you should be getting MULTIPLE story DLC's that last hours and hours each.

Same thing with MLB. I was gonna skip it this year, but I like the Blue Jays steelbook, and they're gonna finally have Closed Roofs on the Retractable Roof stadiums. Seems like a stupid, trivial thing, but i've been SCREAMING for it and the game to be accurate with it for the better part of a DECADE (not kidding). So i'm gonna support them FINALLY doing it.

It's a great game, don't get me wrong, but that Digital Deluxe Edition for $100 bucks is just crazy. Their definition of 'added value' and mine are just -- different. They think "imaginary money" (think GTA V) and digital baseball cards are worth $30 bucks. When I pay $30 extra bucks, the equivalent of a Season Pass, i'm expecting Bonus Uniforms, whole Classic Stadiums to play the game in, Legendary players, etc. You know -- stuff. Not "points" and digital cards. $10 bucks extra for that -- great -- $30?!?!? Whoa bro.

I see these Call of Duty packs that are up there at like $149 dollars, and they'll be right back next year with the same thing... and I always think... no one a grown ass adult is buying this for themselves. This has GOT to be some 14 year old dork with mommy's credit card buying this shit.

johndivney wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Just went back to The Witcher 3 and those developer's are amazing. All 12 DLCs were free. Only thing they charge for are the 2 expansion packs with add another 20 hours of game play.

First expansion was as good as any quest in the main game. Great game. The 2nd expansion is what I'm looking forward to playing most in the coming months.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

Very cool. Wished Rockstar would do this. Or had've done this with GTA V.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

All the gta online stuff has been free and there has been a ton."there is also a rumored single player dlc coming..dunno if it's free or nor...Rockstar is pretty tight lipped these days.. red dead 2 is also rumored to release with little to no fanfare

I paid for the ac season pass cuz I get a kick out of the game...100% finished the jack the ripper portion as well. About a 10hrs campaign for $15usd and another is due shortly...they charged $20 I think up front so whatev i saved a few bucks...I'm on the fence about the fall out pass...wasn't a fan of the skyrim addons

Ea is the most brutal for micro transactions. ..dragon age they offered a seasons pass...then when single player campaign dlc was released it still charged money ... I didn't get any of that stuff

How is witcher BLS? I played part 2 on xb360 and hated it so I've stayed away from 3 even after hugely positive reviews

AtariLegend wrote:

EA is brutal for micro transactions. They gate/DLC almost anything. All of the Dragon Age: Origins DLC's baring the expansion should have been in the game from the start. One of the final DLC's was basically the proper ending of the game sad. It was shameful.

I did like DA: Inquistion alot though, haven't got any of the DLC content. Too much else to do atm.

Axlin made a good point on COD. Yearly franchises are even worse. Pumping out recycled content and charging people for extra "maps".

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Anyone play rocksmith at all?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

All the gta online stuff has been free and there has been a ton."there is also a rumored single player dlc coming..dunno if it's free or nor...Rockstar is pretty tight lipped these days.. red dead 2 is also rumored to release with little to no fanfare

I paid for the ac season pass cuz I get a kick out of the game...100% finished the jack the ripper portion as well. About a 10hrs campaign for $15usd and another is due shortly...they charged $20 I think up front so whatev i saved a few bucks...I'm on the fence about the fall out pass...wasn't a fan of the skyrim addons

Ea is the most brutal for micro transactions. ..dragon age they offered a seasons pass...then when single player campaign dlc was released it still charged money ... I didn't get any of that stuff

How is witcher BLS? I played part 2 on xb360 and hated it so I've stayed away from 3 even after hugely positive reviews

GTA Online is free for PS3 players. All PS4, or at least on my system, you have to have a PS Plus membership at $10 bucks a month in order to do anything online for GTA.

Or are you talking about the GTA Online goodies, within the game itself?

Either way, the single player DLC... ain't coming. Or I don't believe it is. They've been teasing the single player DLC now, since late 2013. Late 2013!!!!!

I think Rockstar are about to bag it up, and move on to their next property.

Yes, I also heard Red Dead 2 was rumored, which is great, because Red Dead Redemption is my favorite game ever. But like you said, Rockstar is so tight-lipped, no one confirms anything, so people can't get exciting. Plus we're going on SIX YEARS since the release of the first. The first game did huge business. So there's definitely a demand there, but I do wonder if they took too long to release a sequel.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Not sure the price in the US. But u can get a year of ps plus for $50 and u get 2 free games a month with it

Board footer