You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

johndivney wrote:

E3 anyone?

Christmas sorted with the last guardian & skrim (again!) remaster given release dates.. Tlg will prob get delayed tho.

Lot of PSVR on sonys conference. Will prob get it & ps4 neo eventually but tbh would've liked to have seen more games.. That open zombie world one, Days Gone, looked typical but good..

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Decisive Campaigns: Operation Barbarossa

Great strategy game. Play as either Germany or Russia in the battle for the east in WWII. It is very light on graphics, focusing on the strategic elements of the war. You can get by only using your mouse. Learning curve is pretty steep so you have to really like pure strategy, but once in the saddle it's hard to put away. Very hard game too.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Haven't really followed e3 this year and I haven't watched any trailers or anything

I'm on the fence about skyrim

I played the hell out of that game on previous gen...not sure if there wold be enough to bring me back to it

Watchdogs 2...I enjoyed the first one so I'll prolly get it...

TLG ... it's been in development so long. ...I hope it's not a mess

The tweaks on elderscrolls online look interesting...I'd have to convince freinds to get it tho

Was hoping to hear about red dead 2...

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

Detriot: Become Human
Death Stranding
Resident Evil 7 with VR support

That's all I needed to hear from Sony to bring an ear-to-ear grin on my face... big_smile

AtariLegend wrote:

Just watching the BBC program on this year's E3. Wow these presenters, you can tell... the BBC just picked 2 random 20's something presenters so they could relate to the audience.

...Of course it's 20 minutes of them going on to talk about the new FIFA, Call of Duty, Teken with a little bit on VR. At least there was some Zelda I guess?

What about the new games though sad?

johndivney wrote:

Typical. Mainstream coverage of video games is a disgrace. In fact the way the industry is treated as a whole is appalling.
You'd have thought in this day and age, with people in their 30's/40's having grown up with video games there would be something approaching decent commentary & debate. Ah well..

Not able to play much myself atm. Got a hyperextended elbow + a massive gash on my right palm which makes holding the controller difficult, plus I sweat like a pedo in Thailand & that irritates the wound too much. So I've taken to playing Steins Gate (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steins;Gate) to get me thru, I can just lie back and push the odd button here and there. It's good fun so far. The voice acting is doin my head in tho.

Gotta massive backlog of stuff to play & there's some new stuff coming soon(ish). Maybe once the football's over I'll have recovered. Looks like the sun isn't going to interfere too much for the rest of the summer so should get some stuff cleared away.

johndivney wrote:

Was this close to preordering PS VR today. Managed to summon enough self control & quickly left the counter & made a hasty exit. I literally ran out of the shop.
Prob gonna preorder it tomorrow..

Just a little concerned re: Neo & how well my launch ps4 will cope with PS VR. My ps4 is already noisy as fuck with the fan. Think I'd prob prefer to upgrade to Neo first. Still not convinced the PSVR isn't gonna be gathering dust on a shelf after a couple of months.. But at the same time I'm a sucker & want to experience it..

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Was this close to preordering PS VR today. Managed to summon enough self control & quickly left the counter & made a hasty exit. I literally ran out of the shop.

Just a little concerned re: Neo & how well my launch ps4 will cope with PS VR. My ps4 is already noisy as fuck with the fan. Think I'd prob prefer to upgrade to Neo first. Still not convinced the PSVR isn't gonna be gathering dust on a shelf after a couple of months.. But at the same time I'm a sucker & want to experience it..

Ermm....

Well congrats on being rich, but just a quick question.

What games are you looking to play on it?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Decisive Campaigns: Operation Barbarossa

Great strategy game. Play as either Germany or Russia in the battle for the east in WWII. It is very light on graphics, focusing on the strategic elements of the war. You can get by only using your mouse. Learning curve is pretty steep so you have to really like pure strategy, but once in the saddle it's hard to put away. Very hard game too.

Holy fuck that sounds great.

Its unfortunate we will never get a proper game dealing with the rise of Hitler and the downfall. Its considered off limits....its why fan mods for games like Civ have to create him for you to play. All they can do is add his figurehead to the game though.

But they'll gladly put Stalin in a ton of games!

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Ermm....

Well congrats on being rich, but just a quick question.

What games are you looking to play on it?

Ah nah I'm not rich. If I was rich I'd have bought an oculus rift. Hell if I had any sorta money I wouldn't be posting on a gnr message board, I'd be away snorting coke off a hookers arse right now.. As it is I only get to that a few times a year..
Nah I just tend to get swept up in the hype of these things.
+ I want to be Batman.

Board footer