You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

johndivney wrote:

Haven't gotten to play any of the new games. Still want Nier & Horizon. Think ME: Andromeda is a shitheap. Persona 5 looks good.

Played Doom last week. Thought it was excellent. Got completely lost a couple of times when I paused for breath. Exactly the kind of labyrinth layout & gameplay I'd have spent months discovering every nook & cranny of when I was younger.

Also played Everything & Night in the Woods. Really enjoyed both of those. Everything was amazing, a trippy exploration game that was both boring as fuck and addictive. Night in the Woods was really fun but kinda shit the bed with weird storyline decisions.

Doing Prison Architect atm. Good so far. Kinda fiddly & could do with some clearer signposting/handholding.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I beat and platinumed Horizon. 60 hours of game play . Took a over a month. I thought it was great. Nothing groundbreaking but just a really really fun game. Story was cool enough to keep my attention.

Decided to pass on Wildlands after playing the beta. Didn't seem worth it. Let me know what you think, Neemo.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I played for about an hour yesterday ... so just to get my bearings ... it's pretty tough ... seems that u really have to take ur time and scout / plan

I need to do some co-op to better assess

AtariLegend wrote:

I never asked before, but I assume no one here plays Hearthstone on EU battle.net servers?

johndivney wrote:

Best game.

johndivney wrote:

Been doing Horizon.
Amazing how they've managed to make a game about robot dinosaurs boring as fuck. Nothing groundbreaking is an understatement. Just rehashed ideas from every other open world/third person adventure with different skins.
It does have its moments but fuck.. its far too big and too long. I'm 22hours in and out of boredom looked up a guide to see how far thru the quest I was, seems like I'm only around half way there. I was hoping I was going to reach the finish line by 30hours but that seems unlikely.
& the map. Fuck me. What a clusterfuck. Honest to god I dunno how this game gets such love & great reviews. It's a fucking slog. & the voice acting! Jesus Mary and Joseph it is unbelievable.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I've only beat GTA V once (and a couple mission replays). I'm bound to do it again one of these days but I found it far less interesting/challenging/rewarding than GTA IV. I'm in the minority there for sure.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I haven't been on much...im still working on ghost recon...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Anyone try the new Friday the 13th game?

johndivney wrote:

No but it's supposed to be pretty good, people seem to be enjoying it.

Board footer