You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Neemo wrote:

i got skyrim today for the xbox...gonna pop it in after the kids go to bed

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
johndivney wrote:
Olorin wrote:

lol so tell me, why is this Mario game so good? Mabye I should get the first one and play that before starting this, would that break me in better?

I'm loving Skyward Sword, it takes me back to Ocarina where everything was new, the games familar but the contols are a whole new experience for me. I've started wearing that wrist strap, I'm swinging my sword around like fuck full of the voddy and its only a matter time before my fish tank gets it.

in SS there is an option under the #1 or #2 button where you can adjust the sensitivity of the wii-mote. think it's something like 'beginner/medium/pro" the three options & if you select pro it means you don't need such large thrusts of the wiimote you can perform the actions with an easy flick of the arm/wrist.

as for SMG2, well it's head spinning & head melting. hilarious & achingly fun.
it's not only platforming perfection, it's nintendo perfecting their own blend of magic. exhilarating, breathtaking fun.

and at a time when videogames are obsessed with narrative as an attempt to justify their maturity or their worthiness as art, nintendo polish their imagination, wonder & splendour into the simple joys of what really make videogames special & unique (& artistic). it is sheer unadulterated pleasure. even when it's being mean & difficult it's then it achieves an heightened hilarity (star 242 anyone?!). you jump, bash goomba's, solve puzzles & rescue the princess - like all mario's, simple but effective. but the level design this time around is the greatest they've ever come up with.
it's like it pushes the laws of physics to breaking point, & then dances on it's grave.

in 20+ yrs of playing games, none have kept me smiling as long & as often as SMG2.

Couldn't have put it better myself, karma.

To pass up galaxy is to pass up one of the greatest games of all time. People say nintendo games are not mature enough, but really at the end of the day, regardless if you are playing a game thats ultra realistic or cartoony, you are still just pressing buttons when all is said and done. It's just a matter of which you have more fun playing, and if you don't have fun playing Mario,....................well you probably shouln't be playing games.

Edit: Turn on your karma damnit.  sad

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i got skyrim today for the xbox...gonna pop it in after the kids go to bed

Skyrim is amazing, but be prepared to invest atleast 80 hours.

@Olorin

The tennis game included for free with wii sports is actually pretty good, you just need to get some mates to play againt to make the best of it.  smile

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

my wife and i are playing (taking turns on the controller) are now level 9 now....we kinda got side tracked but just tongiht came back and did the bleak falls barrow quest to kind the dragonstone and subsequently fight the dragon

we have been doing the college training and also went and fought this crazy hag thing...that was tough

we are shooting for a mage/theif character...using the high elf race

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Haha, that's pretty cool. I never hear of that, a husband & wife video gaming team.

I don't know any girls that are into gaming.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

hell yeah! its pretty cool, especially on games that take up alot of hours to play

i usually let her make the character in games like this and it lets her get a bit invested in it (i have a bit of say of course) anyway its fun smile i usually end up getting all the tough fights anyway, but lose out more on the dialog and other stuff

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

My and my gf typically play split-screen multiplayer games. Currently playing Killzone 3, but we've played a variety of stuff like Resident Evil 5, Army of Two, the Resistance series. And a lot of the times we just take turns in single player games and watch each other play (Drake's Fortune series, LA Noir, Zelda, ...).

She digs basically anything that has a story smile.

But then again, she used to play WoW 7 or so years ago when it was first released, so she's kind of a geek 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Believe it or not, just after I said that to you guys, I met a girl yesterday that was currently in the middle of Call of Duty: Black Ops. A friend of a friend's step daughter.

How ironic. 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

My girl just came to a retro-starcraft night organised by some of my buddies the other night.

She also fixed the IPX network routing to make it all hook together....

Should have seen the look on my mate's face when she did it....pure shock....I was so proud wink

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer