You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

Axl S wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

With the GAME stores closing down, I can't don't where I'm supposed to buy PC games in Northern Ireland.

PC World/Curry doesn't really sell that much, HMV in Belfast has like 1 stack at the back store with like 8 different games now. The remaining Game next door in Belfast isn't much better.

Actually pretty pissed, I'm a Warcraft subscriber too. Can't buy Time Cards sad. It is possible to purchase the last expansion, but can't buy time to play it. No idea where else to shop in this country.

Buy online? Surely Amazon has you covered.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Am I crazy for thinking about buying an xbox just for the Star Wars game or am I crazy for other reasons?

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
smoke wrote:

I need a new 360 game: help!

I just replayed Bioshock 1, and played through Bioshock 2 twice. I've worn myself out on Fallout 3. I'm having a hard time getting into RE5 (which I knew I would, which is why I didn't buy it til recently on the cheap.) Also had a hard time getting into Borderlands- is it worth sticking with?

Been replaying Serious Sam HD and other older shooters.

Any suggestions for badass shooter/horror survival games?

Alan Wake and its sequel Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Dead Space 1 and 2

otto

otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Am I crazy for thinking about buying an xbox just for the Star Wars game or am I crazy for other reasons?

The reviews aren't that great and Kinect seems to be the kind of thing you use once or twice and leave it to dust. At least that was my experience with it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Shit no, I've done that before. I'm actually considering getting a Playstation just for "The Last Of Us."

Is LA Noir worth picking up over Batman: Arkham Asylum?

misterID

misterID wrote:

I LOVE Alan Wake. Even though some of the dialouge was lame.

Getting excited for Max Payne 3.

otto

otto wrote:
misterID wrote:

Shit no, I've done that before. I'm actually considering getting a Playstation just for "The Last Of Us."

Is LA Noir worth picking up over Batman: Arkham Asylum?

I don't think so. The first Batman was GREAT and this new one is considered one of the best of this generation...

Also, I found LA Noire to be disapointing. There's no roaming around the city, you only move in pre-determined ways BUT the facial animations are great.

misterID

misterID wrote:

I might get LA if it's cheap at Gamestop.

I want Arkham City, but I think I should do Asylum first.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

You don't need to play Asylum to appreciate Arkham City or know what's going on.  LA Noir is good, but it's so formulaic it got old after a while.

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

Good call on Alan Wake- I'm halfway through it. Guess I should wrap that up. Thanks for the ideas.

Board footer