You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Video Game Console Thread

AtariLegend wrote:

Just found this, love it. From the last classic Final Fantasy, with one of the best composed videogame soundtracks ever.

Though the following Final Fantasy's were good to very good, they did have flaws to them.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I always loved this song from that game

Been thinkin about selling some games, but I don't know waht to pick up

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I think it's one of the staples of video game music composition to come out in the last decade!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I've nothing but the best about Max Payne. Some are saying it surpasses the first, and is a whole new beast compared to the othes with the sunny Brazilian backdrop.

Cool to see James McCaffrey back in the driver's seat on it. It ain't Max without that classic voice. Just as memorable as Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill in Batman as far as i'm concerned.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I've nothing but the best about Max Payne. Some are saying it surpasses the first, and is a whole new beast compared to the othes with the sunny Brazilian backdrop.

Cool to see James McCaffrey back in the driver's seat on it. It ain't Max without that classic voice. Just as memorable as Kevin Conroy & Mark Hamill in Batman as far as i'm concerned.

Max Payne 1 and 2 are on my list of best games ever.   Max Payne 3 is AWESOME!.   As a game, its better than the other two.  BUT...nothing can top the storyline and atmosphere of the first.   I hope they bring it back to NY for the next one if they make it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Well considering the speed of which Rockstar churns these out (which is damn slow), it'll probably be awhile before Max Payne 4, while they focus on DLC, and then pre-production.

You would think with the crappy state of the gaming market, they'd strike hard and try to pump out these franchise titles like Max Payne, GTA, and Red Dead every two years.

But at the same time if they fast track these games, quality goes down. It's a double-edged sword.

I personally wish these sequels came out faster. It's already been four years since GTAIV. Yeah, that long. And it'll end up being at least five years before GTAV is released.

I have no clue when Red Dead II is happening and i'm sure that won't be anytime soon with all the work going into GTAV.

It's a shame. On one hand I want quality, but it just takes too damn long for these things to come out. The next release of GTAV will probably be it's last in it's current form. Eventually these game developers and the game consoles are gonna move to digital-internet based gaming, and hard discs will be a thing of the past.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah that's hideous looking. It looks likes someone bred the Fat and the Slim together, and that's what came out of it.

I'm assuming that Sony is gonna roll out much cheaper PS3's not only to combat the declining hardware video game market, but also to lower a price point for the coming PS4.

I wonder if when these cheaper, even thinner PS3's roll out, if Sony will finally discontinue and pull all PS2's off the market, as well as their games finally.

It'd be stupid of them, to my knowledge... believe it or not... they still actually sell PS2's & PS2 games.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Where 'da gamers?

Alot of new, cool games coming out. Anyone getting in on...

Assassin's Creed III ?

Need For Speed: Most Wanted ?

WWE '13 ?

Anybody give a shit about Black Ops II, or is that whole thing over and samey? WWE '13 is supposed to have a 'relive the Attitude Era' gimmick, minus Kurt Angle. I really think that's cool, especially being I couldn't tell you 80% of the current WWE roster.

NFS: Most Wanted is supposed to be a Criterion reboot. I was always a huge fan of NFS III: Hot Pursuit, and the revived NFS: Hot Pursuit from a couple years ago. It's really the only racing games I could get into. The NFS thing got so overused that they were hit and miss, and can get redundant. Supposedly this new one will be the first in an open-world for the NFS series (obviously others like Driver did that years ago).

Assassin's Creed III

Anybody ever played these? I haven't, but the new III coming out Tuesday looks cool as hell being set during the American Revolution. I'm thinking about getting that new 500GB slim PS3 bundle with it. Thoughts?

Board footer