You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Josh Freese appreciation thread

esoterica wrote:

His drumming on the CD leaks is truly incredible.

Discuss here.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

It really was. Makes you think if they could have gotten that 99-2000 "2000 Intentions" album out with Josh and Robin on it and then, perhaps, the next record could have had Brain, and of course, Buckethead.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Josh rocked this material.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

No doubt.

I always considered him a mere footnote in the saga since story wise it always revolves around Brain and Freese rarely commented on his time in the band.

Now we know the original CD lineup had actually worked more than previously thought.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

It's eerie to me how similar the Freese and Brain saga was to the Adler and Sorum drama.

The punky work horse (Adler/Freese) gets sent off to make glue while the bombastic, poppier (Sorum/Brain) tours off their material.

I like Brain quite a bit but once Freese left the thing started falling apart.

The thing lost its edge.

James

James wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

It really was. Makes you think if they could have gotten that 99-2000 "2000 Intentions" album out with Josh and Robin on it and then, perhaps, the next record could have had Brain, and of course, Buckethead.

Not too sure about that.

If we get that 99-00 album there's no incentive for him to leave the project. Freese staying in the band would alter the timeline considerably.

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:

Now we know the original CD lineup had actually worked more than previously thought.

Including mr. James "Paul Tobias" Lofton 29.

No love for huge even after this.

James

James wrote:
esoterica wrote:

It's eerie to me how similar the Freese and Brain saga was to the Adler and Sorum drama.

The punky work horse (Adler/Freese) gets sent off to make glue while the bombastic, poppier (Sorum/Brain) tours off their material.

I like Brain quite a bit but once Freese left the thing started falling apart.

The thing lost its edge.

Great observation.

Never thought of it like that before ..

Freese being the first Chinese domino to drop.

In that small window we had Moby fly away due to inaction, then Freese and Robin bailing.

Must have been an interesting time.

AtariLegend wrote:

You missed your que Lofton, to talk about how great Tobias is tongue.

...And yes Freese is fantastic.

James

James wrote:

In one of these threads I did mention how the Finck-Tobias combo got completely overlooked because nothing happened until later.

They weren't even allowed a miniscule sliver of glory during OMG's rollout because Navarro got that attention.

We can see they had what were essentially complete songs in place before Bucket came in.

The tension with Bucket makes more sense now.

Board footer