You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 1

James wrote:
otto wrote:

is it possible that the mentioned "trilogy" was planned around this time and Rough Mixes CD#1, #2 and #3 were the drafts for it?

That's looking to be the case. They chronologically flow.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
James wrote:
zombux wrote:

How did no one pick up on PRL 16-17 years ago?

I always mean to ask this:  But should have they used another track instead of Oh My God on that 99 soundtrack for End Of Days.  And which track would you pick to replace it?

That's tough.

Fuck it...the title track. He was promoting it at that point. Give the world a real taste.

Anyone ever figure out what PRL stands for?

AtariLegend wrote:
strat0 wrote:

Anyone ever figure out what PRL stands for?

Maybe there'll be a hint in the next few days.

We do know though Thyme is a piece of music that was part of it or used with it.

However since the Thyme name was mentioned in the years following and P.R.L. wasn't... they probably just scraped the name and went with Thyme. This is of course is just speculation, but not baseless.

"Leave Me Alone," "Seven," and "The General" could also feature on the new album. These three A-listed songs were worked on by Marco Beltrami, especially "Seven," which Marco deems as the best of the three songs. It has also been reported that Marco worked on a fourth track, "Thyme." However, this song was not worked on subsequent to Marco's work in October 2002. (Jeff Leeds, Sp1at website, 06/05)

Could be that it wasn't deemed good enough or that it was as finished as can be. History suggests the prior though, given Chinese Democracy (the title track) was still being re-recorded in 08.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

It’s a spicy song.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:

I think I missed out on this one.  Does anyone have an active link they can PM me?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Is Perhaps perhaps the best song of this era? I am certainly in love with it.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Is Perhaps perhaps the best song of this era? I am certainly in love with it.

Yeah high level stuff somewhere between Catcher and IRS.

Can sort of see why they went with Catcher as there’s lyrically a different theme there.

Brings back the idea of a trilogy with one May solo on each album. CD was such a defiant statement it might be that. Atlas and Perhaps are more self reflective. State is also quite introspective.

James

James wrote:

I wouldn't call Perhaps the best but it's certainly pretty fucking good. It's the closest Chinese track to a UYI lost gem. Even beats out TIL in this department.

I'd love to see the (semi) official track list for the 2000 album.

Did ANYONE save the fake album covers/tracklists from years ago? I don't care about the album covers but would love to know if just one of those guys was real and on the money with the list.

How many Brian May songs make the cut?

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

It is strange that Zutait said Atlas Shrugged was going to be the first single back in the day.

Then it wasn’t on the album.

It’s a total smash song, so good it makes me want destroy things. Or at least knock my waste paper basket over.

The  Zepp alien technology is all over.

James

James wrote:

That reminds me....

Did Madison ever come clean on what Axl told her the single would be in 2002?

You're right. Atlas is amazing. Shocked it gets very little fanfare.

Board footer