You are not logged in. Please register or login.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 1

exoterica wrote:

I always found the 2010 self-titled thing weird.

Self-titled is weird because it’s so bland and anti-Axl. The guy probably has a reference or whiticism for each pair of shoes he owns.

But also because 10 songs. That’s it?

In truth, that’s probably all they ever had done.

I can see CD2. What the hell was the third album?

AtariLegend wrote:
wasted2019-2028 wrote:

What is strange is that Atlas Shrugged and Perhaps are the best sounding tracks on Disc 1 but they were left on the shelf. If they put out a double cd set one of these on each is going to help.

I think the only reason you didn't hear Atlas and Perhaps, were that they weren't leaked beforehand.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
wasted2019-2028 wrote:

What is strange is that Atlas Shrugged and Perhaps are the best sounding tracks on Disc 1 but they were left on the shelf. If they put out a double cd set one of these on each is going to help.

I think the only reason you didn't hear Atlas and Perhaps, were that they weren't leaked beforehand.

That’s pretty likely, but who decided the leaks?

But those two tracks are also stand out from that group as good to go. Zutaut said Atlas was the first single. How good did they feel about the CD songs that they could leave off a single. Maybe it was Disc 1 and 2. CD II tracks like Shack, ITW, Sorry being brought in. TIL as well. Leaked plus some new tracks that didn’t leak early. I wonder if Costanzo got State, Atlas and Perhaps tightened up. The difference between Shankler’s and the official instrumental is stark. Listening to Korn it seems like Bucket got Korn’d. Those first instrumentals were much more fluid than what he played later.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
wasted2019-2028 wrote:

I kind of thought about it and it kind of highlights the relationship between the band and the fans.

On one hand the forums are a very small percent of the fans, yet they let the leaks guide the album?

I’m not sure if they did, but it holds today, it seems strange to tailor an album to a small group who will buy everything anyway and casuals will never get or know the leaks.

It’s possible that lyrically and sonically was the guide. Here’s the songs about the 90s fall out and some stuff we’ve been working on too. Like UYI. They played DC and Back off before.

I think maybe Atlas and Perhaps are a little further down the road lyrically, kind of past Better or Sorry. Axl is looking back at the rage and hurt he had. Madagascsr and Twat are kind of in it. But on Atlas and Perhaps it’s about questioning evening having these problems. the feeling are less direct.

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

I just have made this:

2000 Intentions - January 2001:

1 - Madagascar
2 - T. W. A. T.
3 - Atlas Shrugged
4 - Perhaps
5 - Prostitute
6 - Ryhad
7 - Catcher In The Rye
8 - Chinese Democracy
9 - The Blues
10 - Silkworms

Produced by Sean Beavan.

P. R. L. - January 2002:

1 - Thyme (P. R. L.) (Thyme and P. R. L. fan edit - instrumental)
2 - If The World
3 - Three Dollar Pyramid (Fan edit with vocals)
4 - Oklahoma (Instrumental)
5 - Quick Song (Full take with Buckethead and vocals)
6 - Zodiac 13 (Instrumental)
7 - I. R. S.
8 - Hard School
9 - Shackler's Revenge (fan edit with vocals)
10 - I'm Sorry (fan edit with vocals)

Produced by Roy Thomas Baker.

Two GREAT albums. The PRL album is epic; the first song is sooo good as an opener! It ends with a nice Axl doom metal ballad.

2000 intentions is heavy ballad. P. R. L. is a hard rocking album. Love every second of it.

In a third album.... it's hard but I would have:

This I Love - January 2003:

1 - The General (Evader remix)
2 - Me and My Elvis (Instrumental)
3 - Circus Maximus (instrumental)
4 - State Of Grace
5 - Going Down
6 - Tonto (Instrumental)
7 - Nothing
8 - Prom Violence (Take 3 - instrumental)
9 - As It Began (instrumental)
10 - This I Love  (Official - fan edit VOCALS AND PIANO ONLY)

Produced by Caram Constanzo.

And that's the trilogy.
Simple. Nice and easy.

Make those playlists and enjoy.

AtariLegend wrote:

Well Atlas, posting these lists and spreading misinformation. Just not cool atm.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Cerulean wind wrote:

I just have made this:

1 - Thyme (P. R. L.) (Thyme and P. R. L. fan edit - instrumental)

3 - Three Dollar Pyramid (Fan edit with vocals)

9 - Shackler's Revenge (fan edit with vocals)
10 - I'm Sorry (fan edit with vocals)

Seriously? Are people really listening to fan edits of these leaks? Why?

I mean.....I love evader and his skills as much as the next guy....but I didn't realize people were already clamoring for fan remixes.

I could see a case being made for Shackler's due to the sheer oddity of the demo and how they put together a song from that but in the case of the others, especially Sorry, that's a head scratcher for sure.

And that's the trilogy.

Trilogy my ass. The project was nowhere near that territory in 2000. Something like Prom Violence is killer but isn't a fleshed out song yet and in the case of some of the other instrumentals, they're either sketches or solo tracks brought to the table.

Nothing has an appropriate song title.

From what we can surmise from the Village sessions, had they got 2000 Intentions out of the way, a killer and much heavier follow up album is in the works.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
strat0 wrote:

I'd be willing to bet this ended up on someone's(Iovine?) desk as a progress report of "The album is 99% done."

Just got through listening to discs 1-3 and that realization hit me.....

Back in the day we would hear comments/updates from various people and they would say.....

"Vocals are 80% done and music 90% done" and fans would speculate on what this really meant.

We're currently listening to the progress of the material they were referencing.

Wagszilla wrote:

But also because 10 songs. That’s it?

I doubt it's going to be a long album.

Wagszilla wrote:

I can see CD2. What the hell was the third album?

There isn't one....not beyond sketches anyways. He walked back the trilogy stuff and started referring to it as a double.

Stinson said 22 songs in total were left...and that's obviously including songs such as Silkworms, OMG, and Going Down.

So 19.

How many of those are A list?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I’m fascinated by what it was about the songs that Axl recorded vocals for and the ones that (at this point in time) were left instrumental. Like, what was it about Scraped that made him want to record vocals on vs. Quick Song, Soul Monster (later recorded), Prom Violence etc.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I’m fascinated by what it was about the songs that Axl recorded vocals for and the ones that (at this point in time) were left instrumental. Like, what was it about Scraped that made him want to record vocals on vs. Quick Song, Soul Monster (later recorded), Prom Violence etc.

That's a very interesting question.

One thought, analysis paralasis, or being a 'perfectionist' thinking the lyrics he had written weren't up to snuff, as to say Estranged, November Rain, or Breakdown.

Scraped tho, yeah, like wtf.

Board footer