You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: A helluva instrumental album

bigbri wrote:

All of these instrumentals together would make a great album. Hell, they would make a great Buckethead/Praxis/Giant Robot album.

Bucket and Brain are 2/3 of Giant Robot and 2/5 of Praxis, and their instrumentals sound a lot like both bands, leaning toward Praxis. We don’t have writing credits, but I could guess Pete Scaturro is partly responsible for one or more of these. He was credited on Sorry and Shackler’s.

I am fuzzy on my GNR timelines, so excuse my ignorance here: Which of these instrumentals are pre-Bucket and with Bucket? I might just have a nice little Pike to make.

At any rate, great stuff. Tommy’s bass is spectacular and Freese is s monstrous revelation, to me at least.

Cheers..

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I remember us joking years ago that Axl should just join Praxis while CD is in limbo.

He wound up getting similar material to work with.

That rough mix disc yesterday was pre-bucket CD. These others look to have him dominating the material.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Instrumental music would have - and still can - free up Axl. Not just as a songwriter, but as a vocalist who is beginning to make adjustments to songs he wrote decades ago, to accommodate his changing voice.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

I’ve always wanted The Cutting Room Floor Bucket Tapes. This is like the Best of Bucket in the Coop.

I guess the CD anthology won’t happen because CD is not corporate media friendly.

I expected CD to be a sprawling trilogy of excess. Get Bucket in there and do 10 minute epics. But Axl delivered an Event album worthy of the name. But I could handle something much messier.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
wasted2019-2028 wrote:

I’ve always wanted The Cutting Room Floor Bucket Tapes. This is like the Best of Bucket in the Coop.

I guess the CD anthology won’t happen because CD is not corporate media friendly.

I expected CD to be a sprawling trilogy of excess. Get Bucket in there and do 10 minute epics. But Axl delivered an Event album worthy of the name. But I could handle something much messier.

One of the first things Bucket released after leaving GNR was Nottingham Lace. Dan Monti was involved. I’ve always suspected he had that ready for Axl as a GNR epic. In fact, he released it as a feee download on his website which fueled my suspicion.

Soothsayer was another that came soon after GNR. He started playing it live years before he released his recorded version.

Makes you wonder about the possibilities.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

It’s funny how Buckethead leaves GN’R and proceeds to release 3 masterpieces in short succession.

Can’t wait to listen to 10 takes of Quick Song tonight.

And we have an instrumental version. 11

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Electric Tears the best album of 2002.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

After hearing soothsayer and basking in its epicness,  I always wondered how many similar tracks bucket had ready to bring to the Gn'R table.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

I remember us joking years ago that Axl should just join Praxis while CD is in limbo.

He wound up getting similar material to work with.

That rough mix disc yesterday was pre-bucket CD. These others look to have him dominating the material.

It's not all pre Bucket, look at the mix dates on the tracklist. Bucket was in the band by latest March 2000. He might be on some of the March mixes but it seems unlikely. Anything with a mixdate that's September, October, November he's likely on it and the ones that sound like him fit those dates.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
bigbri wrote:
wasted2019-2028 wrote:

One of the first things Bucket released after leaving GNR was Nottingham Lace. Dan Monti was involved. I’ve always suspected he had that ready for Axl as a GNR epic. In fact, he released it as a feee download on his website which fueled my suspicion.

Soothsayer was another that came soon after GNR. He started playing it live years before he released his recorded version.

Makes you wonder about the possibilities.

Yeah, I always thought Soothsayer and Nothingham Lace would have been perfect for new GN'R. They would have one everyone over with that guitar epicness

Board footer