You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Grayfox
 Rep: 0 

Re: Tracks missing from the leaked CD's

Grayfox wrote:
misterID wrote:

I just can't believe Jackie Chan was ever a serious title and it was just Axl fucking around.

I don’t believe it was ever a serious title. I just believe it was a studio title for reference. I have no doubt the title was referred to as Jackie Chan though

AtariLegend wrote:
Grayfox wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Grayfox wrote:

‘Perhaps’ was also on the list along with ‘Nothin’

I'm not saying you're wrong (I honestly do not know), but have you got a link to a thread back then?

No I don’t have a thread.

Also not all song info was shared from the list either. But these are all real tracks:

Cuban Skies
The General
Atlas Shrugged
Soul Monster
Silkworms
Thyme
Goin Down
Tonto
Monstrocity
Nothin
Jackie Chan
Perhaps
4 Heavens
Light My Fire

I cannot find any mention of Perhaps/4 Heavens and Nothin prior to these leaks. If MSL did mention these, it must have been on his forum.

AtariLegend wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

The legal document (origin unknown?) includes Dragon, Seven, and Scraped, all of which aren’t on these discs. Well, Scraped isn’t at minimum anyway. And course, there are likely more discs.

I’m most curious about “This I Love”.

We all know there’s likely a v1 of it that originates with the classic lineup, Dave Dominguez mentioned a barebones version of it dating to 2000 IIRC, and a fan supposedly emailed Patti Hood in 2008 with the final track and she didn’t recognize it at all. And of course there’s whatever version was slated to appear in “What Dreams May Come” in 1997.

Curious.

Dave Dominguez wrote:

“The only time he ever did really get upset with me was during one session – at the end of the song ‘This I Love’ he had said he was repeating the Stephanie scene one, like ‘I love you, Stephanie,’ or, ‘This I love Stephanie.’

And he heard it and goes, ‘Just erase all that.’ I was like, ‘Do you want me to back it up?’. He was, ‘No, erase it!’. He yelled and walked out of the room.

The assistant comes in, and I said, ‘We’re going to erase something GN’R fans are never ever going to hear.

This is crazy, this is a GN’R song that no one’s ever heard, and no one is ever going to hear this again.’ I looked at him and said, ‘Are you ready?’. And I put the tracks in and erased it.”

sic wrote:

This I Love is another old track that might've been drawn back into the mix in 2000, after it last surfaced in 1998, as a possible inclusion to the What Dreams May Come soundtrack. Howard Karp worked on the song at that time as an assistant engineer to Caram Costanzo and producer Roy Thomas Baker.

"I only worked with Axl, no one else, it was a solo piano piece. I heard nothing else. Axl was cool, two short evenings, nothing too eventful." (Howard Karp, 01/19/04)

"It was very boring, sorry to say, just Axl and his piano (no singing) and a bunch of idiots running around catering to him and stroking him. I don't know if they'll ever release anything... shame." (Howard Karp, 03/13/04)

dexter wrote:

I didn’t want to do This I love in anyway shape or form and Robin and Caram insisted gaining Tommy’s and the others support.

Perhaps it was abandoned in the late 90's, then it was remade post these sessions.

GnRMex2002
 Rep: 0 

GnRMex2002 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Vale wrote:

Didn't Axl mention a track named Cuban Skies in the chat?

Nope.

The only source for that title was supposedly people claiming this is what MSL's 2nd album was:

Atlas
Cuban Skies
Goin' Down
Jackie Chan
Light My Fire
Monstrosity
Silk Worms
Soul Monster
The General
Thyme
Tonto

That was years ago. However he did get Tonto correct. So, unless MSL cares to comment himself... we can only leave this under dubious.

Personally though, I find it questionable. A Light My Fire cover and at least one Tommy Stinson solo track?

The correct title track was Motorfucker, no Monstrosity o Motormouth

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Saboteur wrote:
James wrote:

Holy shit...a media outlet (forgot which one) made up cock a roach soup.

Kerrang 1999

http://chinesedemocracysoon.blogspot.co … e.html?m=1

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vaqCjVyoA_c/S … g_1999.jpg

Thanks.

I always wanted to read this magazine in my youth but they didn't sell it here.

Like Atari said, in hindsight we know they were garbage...just like Circus was with fake interviews.

I was a loyal reader of Circus, Hit Parader, RIP, and a couple smaller mags. Loved getting a new issue every month.

-----

I had forgot about that TIL story. Dominguez was right. That IS crazy. On the other hand, maybe he wanted his hands washed of it due to the subject matter at the time.

So all versions existing originate from the early Chinese sessions.

Saboteur
 Rep: 4 

Saboteur wrote:

Mick Wall worked for Kerrang

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Saboteur wrote:

Mick Wall worked for Kerrang

Did Axl and Wall ever make amends? I know he published another book a couple of years ago...

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

(100) Cuban Skies is mentioned on this forum, apparently a song about cigars

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ … 77/page-54

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

(100) Cuban Skies is mentioned on this forum, apparently a song about cigars

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ … 77/page-54

That's very interesting. Cuban Skies dates back to at  the very latest 2003 and likely around the time of these sessions.

So which instrumental is it?  10

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

No idea. It sounds like a song that Axl was belatedly proud of to be showing it off

Board footer