You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Tracks missing from the leaked CD's

AtariLegend wrote:
James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

(100) Cuban Skies is mentioned on this forum, apparently a song about cigars

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ … 77/page-54

That's very interesting. Cuban Skies dates back to at  the very latest 2003 and likely around the time of these sessions.

So which instrumental is it?  10

Curly Shuffle
D Tune 

Are my best guesses.

As it Began or the others, I guess might not fit. Hard to go by just the title.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

That's very interesting. Cuban Skies dates back to at  the very latest 2003 and likely around the time of these sessions.

I asked on the forum, the guy said "That one (version of Cuban Skies) he showed me the intro which was Spanish guitar acoustic vibe"

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
sp1at wrote:
James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

I asked on the forum, the guy said "That one (version of Cuban Skies) he showed me the intro which was Spanish guitar acoustic vibe"

sounds like If The World! Is he sure it's a different track? Maybe Cuban Skies was a working title at the time they abandoned again?

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
Vale wrote:
sp1at wrote:
James wrote:

sounds like If The World! Is he sure it's a different track? Maybe Cuban Skies was a working title at the time they abandoned again?

I thought that as well smile

I've asked on the forum, so we'll find out. If nothing else, it adds a bit more information about the song. It's always good to get a second mention of a song. It adds some verification to the CDII tracklist from ages ago, as we have had second mentions of Tonto and now this. All good.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:
James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Now that's interesting. Hints of ITW but Bucket may have went crazy in the studio in that regard and more than one song came out of it.

Maybe disc 2 will clear the air.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

You guys are overthinking that one.

It’s labeled “If The World” v1 on The Village discs. Why would it change titles and back again? Why would it be on a supposed second album?

It’s more likely it’s another song with flamenco guitar and only fitting if it’s about Cuban cigars.

AtariLegend wrote:

Dummy?

Might have a better idea if we get to hear Mustache and/or Real Doll.com.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Who in GNR smokes cigars? Never seen anyone pictured doing it. I guess I could see Axl.

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:
James wrote:

Now that's interesting. Hints of ITW but Bucket may have went crazy in the studio in that regard and more than one song came out of it.

As we established, Electric Tears came right after he left GNR. And that's got some Spanish guitar on it, no? Could be he was in that mind-set.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Who in GNR smokes cigars? Never seen anyone pictured doing it. I guess I could see Axl.

UR1c57R.jpg
WK52m27.jpg
iLKeXMg_d.jpg
sHiwqWN_d.jpg
5M6cg3P_d.jpg

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

James wrote:
sp1at wrote:

As we established, Electric Tears came right after he left GNR. And that's got some Spanish guitar on it, no? Could be he was in that mind-set.

Yep. Sure does. Sketches of Spain for starters. It's amazing.

I hope he didn't take a bunch of his GNR stuff back and use it on his own material.

Board footer