You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: New Album Thread

RaZor wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

It was my understanding that the 1992 3 way partnership was dissolved because Slash and Duff both left formally by 1998. The 3 way partnership from 1992 was not in effect when they started the NITL tour. MSL alluded to the fact a while ago that technically Slash and Duff were employees. Axl still owned the name and S/D were employees as well. I don’t think anyone knows what the current legal status is between the 3 now.

sp1at wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

That’s interesting. Was this common knowledge? So the rights to the GNR name are now co-owned by Axl, Slash and Duff?

I thought this was always the case since the 90s?

I thought that as well, if you look at any legal things like trademarks, GN'R related things are registered to Axl, Slash and Duff. Like this one

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield … utem4.2.12

And this is a live trademark, renewed in 2017.


If memory serves, the partnership owns the AFD and UYI music royalties and trademarks, but Axl owns the name.  The other partners can't record new music or tour using the name GNR but Axl can.

MSL posted the contract online a few years back, on the message board he had before GNRTruth, but it was taken down pretty quickly.

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

Re: New Album Thread

atlashrugs wrote:

i think having more NITL shows around march 2020 kills a new album in 2020

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: New Album Thread

James wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:

i think having more NITL shows around march 2020 kills a new album in 2020

Are you smoking crack again?

If/when they release an album, touring is a certainty.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 84 

Re: New Album Thread

James wrote:
atlashrugs wrote:

i think having more NITL shows around march 2020 kills a new album in 2020

Are you smoking crack again?

If/when they release an album, touring is a certainty.

Well, the question is if they've released an album by then. If there's an album early 2020 then it's a moot point; those tour dates are in support of it. If there isn't an album by March 2020 then a coda to the ever-extending NITL tour means they're out on the road and not in the studio recording something.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 47 

Re: New Album Thread

FlashFlood wrote:

Even with a new album, the biggest paydays for this reunion have already happened. Only getting smaller from here on out.

It will be interesting to see how long this “reunion” continues when they go from consistent 50-80k seat venues to the 20k arenas and occasional Festival.

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: New Album Thread

James wrote:

That's where new material comes into play. It will reenergize the whole thing.

The shindig has got to start trending again.

If not, it will definitely start coasting on fumes and half arena syndrome will impact them just like it did during the CD years.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Re: New Album Thread

Declan94 wrote:
James wrote:

That's where new material comes into play. It will reenergize the whole thing.

The shindig has got to start trending again.

If not, it will definitely start coasting on fumes and half arena syndrome will impact them just like it did during the CD years.

atlas was reworked in 2017 by slash and duff and hardschool was 2018 and the general has been put up for consideration and the 96 sessions have also been put for consideration

CubanSkies
 Rep: 0 

Re: New Album Thread

CubanSkies wrote:

lol towel

Re: New Album Thread

AtariLegend wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
James wrote:

That's where new material comes into play. It will reenergize the whole thing.

The shindig has got to start trending again.

If not, it will definitely start coasting on fumes and half arena syndrome will impact them just like it did during the CD years.

atlas was reworked in 2017 by slash and duff and hardschool was 2018 and the general has been put up for consideration and the 96 sessions have also been put for consideration

Atlas?

How many accounts have you registered here and what's the point?

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Re: New Album Thread

Declan94 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
James wrote:

That's where new material comes into play. It will reenergize the whole thing.

The shindig has got to start trending again.

If not, it will definitely start coasting on fumes and half arena syndrome will impact them just like it did during the CD years.

atlas was reworked in 2017 by slash and duff and hardschool was 2018 and the general has been put up for consideration and the 96 sessions have also been put for consideration

Atlas?

How many accounts have you registered here and what's the point?

I got it from bill brasky over a year ago plans may have changed in gnr but this time last year that's what brasky told me

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB