You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 329 

Re: New Album Thread

bigbri wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Anyone else intrigued as to whether or not Paul Huges’ fingerprints are going to be all over this ?

About as intrigued as I am about whether or not I’m going to have another kid the next time I fuck my wife.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 26 

Re: New Album Thread

jimmythegent wrote:
bigbri wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Anyone else intrigued as to whether or not Paul Huges’ fingerprints are going to be all over this ?

About as intrigued as I am about whether or not I’m going to have another kid the next time I fuck my wife.

Haha

I guess i’m mainly intrigued from the perspective of Slash working with his material given their checkered past...

bigbri
 Rep: 329 

Re: New Album Thread

bigbri wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
bigbri wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Anyone else intrigued as to whether or not Paul Huges’ fingerprints are going to be all over this ?

About as intrigued as I am about whether or not I’m going to have another kid the next time I fuck my wife.

Haha

I guess i’m mainly intrigued from the perspective of Slash working with his material given their checkered past...

i don’t actually have anything against Huge, I just wanted to be a smartass. I just want proper new shit in whatever form.

Will
 Rep: 225 

Re: New Album Thread

Will wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Speculation


February 2016  Recording started in 2016, Izzy involved in the writing?

There is one other tantalising detail to this story. A hint that, if true, would change the complexion of the reunion. The prospect of a new album, or at the very least, some new material.

“I hope they’ve done it already [begun recording],” says Niven. “Duff and Izzy were in the studio before Christmas doing stuff. At a casual glance I think they’ve got at least a couple of tracks down. There has to be an element of creativity. Guns N’ Roses is about a spirit, about individuality. It can’t just be purely fiscal. It must be about legacy. After all, you don’t see many hearses with luggage racks.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/gu … eir-return

Izzy shot this rumor down back in 2016:

At this point in time I`m not involved in the upcoming 2016 gigs . I`ve been writing new material but I have not been writing or recording anything with the GNR guys .

I can't remember the exact date, but Izzys referring to the upcoming GNR gigs meaning the Troubadour/Vegas/Coachella gigs right at the start of NITL smile If Nivs interview was in February, and the GNR gigs started early April, then Izzys update would have been sometime in March.

wasted
 Rep: 2 

Re: New Album Thread

wasted wrote:

Any update on Down by the Ocean or any of the Izzy songs Axl got?

I think you have to remember Slash and Duff have heard Axl’s material and liked it. Speculating on what that material might be is obviously impossible but I do it anyway.

Re: New Album Thread

AtariLegend wrote:
wasted2019-2028 wrote:

Any update on Down by the Ocean or any of the Izzy songs Axl got?

He asked them for either 2001 or 2000.

Axl only ever confirmed that Down by the Ocean was a title of an Izzy track, he never said if the tracks ever got used. If they were, they were probably used post these rough mix sessions.

Re: New Album Thread

Sky Dog wrote:
bigbri wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
bigbri wrote:

About as intrigued as I am about whether or not I’m going to have another kid the next time I fuck my wife.

Haha

I guess i’m mainly intrigued from the perspective of Slash working with his material given their checkered past...

i don’t actually have anything against Huge, I just wanted to be a smartass. I just want proper new shit in whatever form.

I am with you. These leaks and the AFD box set have been my G’n’R palate cleanser! Hell, I love the retooled Shadow Of Your Love. Retooling some of these Chinese outtakes would be great as well. Any properly sequenced, mixed and mastered album is fine with me. 9

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: New Album Thread

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
wasted2019-2028 wrote:

Any update on Down by the Ocean or any of the Izzy songs Axl got?

He asked them for either 2001 or 2000.

Axl only ever confirmed that Down by the Ocean was a title of an Izzy track, he never said if the tracks ever got used. If they were, they were probably used post these rough mix sessions.

Not sure if the exact date was ever nailed down, but he contacted Izzy in the weeks leading up to the Rio show.

Something also happened in that 95-96 period, which is when we heard about the comments about Axl wanting to do a Pearl Jam record.

Wagszilla
 Rep: 3 

Re: New Album Thread

Wagszilla wrote:

I’ll be happy to listen to reworked CD era songs by the current line. The more appealing prospect is older versions leaking around the same time.

But for all the pretense of Axl’s Tegridy, Guns N’ Roses is a traveling bank at this point who will be releasing an album comprising of material written by 10+ writers from 20+ years ago.

No different from say... Beyoncé.

#RockNRoll #rad

wasted
 Rep: 2 

Re: New Album Thread

wasted wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Anyone else intrigued as to whether or not Paul Huges’ fingerprints are going to be all over this ?

Depends if these leaks are some of the tracks on the album. I expect Fortus to have some credits.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB