You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: New Album Thread

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

So do the big 3 schedules suggest they could all be in the studio now ? Where are they all at - Richard too ?

Good question.

If Slash and Duff don't start touring or announcing solo projects, it'll be a sign.


there better be no covers on this new album

Why? They've been known for doing covers since day one. A couple of their biggest hits are covers.

While I can understand the desire for fresh material, they're known for hitting grand slams with covers.

If they want/need to pad out an album with a cover or two, I'm fine with it.

I thought Axl did great with Billy Joel on 'Big Shot'. Unfortunately the recording is low quality.

I'd love a studio version of it.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Re: New Album Thread

Declan94 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

So do the big 3 schedules suggest they could all be in the studio now ? Where are they all at - Richard too ?

richard put his guitar parts down years ago he doesn't need to be in the studio

Yeah, I was hoping he might re-do them in a more organic, band environment with the current lineup.

As well as of course, newer material

yeah but the newer material is going to be the 94-96 sessions with new added vocals and the old material is going to be the 97-14 stuff probably doesn't make sense but 94-96 sessions were only instrumentals and 97-14 had vocals so it only makes sense to call the more recent stuff old

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: New Album Thread

James wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:
Declan94 wrote:

richard put his guitar parts down years ago he doesn't need to be in the studio

Yeah, I was hoping he might re-do them in a more organic, band environment with the current lineup.

As well as of course, newer material

yeah but the newer material is going to be the 94-96 sessions with new added vocals and the old material is going to be the 97-14 stuff probably doesn't make sense but 94-96 sessions were only instrumentals and 97-14 had vocals so it only makes sense to call the more recent stuff old

That's a LOT of assumptions.

While the vault material is obviously in play, Slash and co. are quite capable of busting out some songs quick style and they've had nearly four years to do it.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 45 

Re: New Album Thread

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
Declan94 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

Yeah, I was hoping he might re-do them in a more organic, band environment with the current lineup.

As well as of course, newer material

yeah but the newer material is going to be the 94-96 sessions with new added vocals and the old material is going to be the 97-14 stuff probably doesn't make sense but 94-96 sessions were only instrumentals and 97-14 had vocals so it only makes sense to call the more recent stuff old

That's a LOT of assumptions.

While the vault material is obviously in play, Slash and co. are quite capable of busting out some songs quick style and they've had nearly four years to do it.

I don’t think anyone questions the ability of Slash/Duff to bust out a new song...I think we are all skeptical of the lead singer to bust out vocals.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Re: New Album Thread

Declan94 wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
Declan94 wrote:

yeah but the newer material is going to be the 94-96 sessions with new added vocals and the old material is going to be the 97-14 stuff probably doesn't make sense but 94-96 sessions were only instrumentals and 97-14 had vocals so it only makes sense to call the more recent stuff old

That's a LOT of assumptions.

While the vault material is obviously in play, Slash and co. are quite capable of busting out some songs quick style and they've had nearly four years to do it.

I don’t think anyone questions the ability of Slash/Duff to bush out a new song...I think we are all skeptical of the lead singer to bust out vocals.

yeah i feel this new album will have the raspinator 1000 aka Auto-Tune and not axl rasping it himself

Re: New Album Thread

Sky Dog wrote:

I’ll put it this way. If the new release sounds as good as the retooled Shadow Of Your Love, I don’t care how they get to the finished product. I would prefer new instrumental tracks but am liberal as to what vocal takes to use. Please use the “best” one available regardless of when it was recorded.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Re: New Album Thread

Declan94 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I’ll put it this way. If the new release sounds as good as the retooled Shadow Of Your Love, I don’t care how they get to the finished product. I would prefer new instrumental tracks but am liberal as to what vocal takes to use. Please use the “best” one available regardless of when it was recorded.

yeah the only thing changed about shadow was they put frank on it

Re: New Album Thread

Sky Dog wrote:

I think more changed than that.

Declan94
 Rep: -8 

Re: New Album Thread

Declan94 wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I think more changed than that.

what changed then?

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: New Album Thread

wasted wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
Declan94 wrote:

yeah but the newer material is going to be the 94-96 sessions with new added vocals and the old material is going to be the 97-14 stuff probably doesn't make sense but 94-96 sessions were only instrumentals and 97-14 had vocals so it only makes sense to call the more recent stuff old

That's a LOT of assumptions.

While the vault material is obviously in play, Slash and co. are quite capable of busting out some songs quick style and they've had nearly four years to do it.

I don’t think anyone questions the ability of Slash/Duff to bust out a new song...I think we are all skeptical of the lead singer to bust out vocals.

I honestly think it’s not vocal ability it’s just having lyrics and vocals that songs come from. What to sing about and why. Izzy used to be there too to contribute songs, lyrics, ideas. Maybe Duff can help.

But I look at Nothing, there’s a vocal melody Slash can work off. At CE Axl seemed to be saying he wanted to go back to AFD style writing, where Izzy or Axl would have some vocal or riff ideas and Slash would really take it on. Axl doesn’t seem like he was saying just lay some tracks down and I’ll sing over them. Songs aren’t really the problem maybe, it’s the execution of them for an album. They’ve got all these diverse strands that need to be knitted into a hard rock t shirt.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB