You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Izzyjim
 Rep: 2 

Re: state of grace and perhaps

Izzyjim wrote:
James wrote:

If they have no desire to create fresh material,  they have ancient vault tracks like Ain't Going Down, Nightcrawler, Crash Diet, Bring It Back Home, etc.

It doesn't take much to add up to an album.

I don't see it happening, fuck, I HOPE it won't happen that way.
Taking old leftovers and songs that didn't make the cut 30 years ago and use them today (cough shadow cough) ?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:
James wrote:

If they have no desire to create fresh material,  they have ancient vault tracks like Ain't Going Down, Nightcrawler, Crash Diet, Bring It Back Home, etc.

I don't see it happening, fuck, I HOPE it won't happen that way.
Taking old leftovers and songs that didn't make the cut 30 years ago and use them today (cough shadow cough) ?

Agreed. Shadow is the absolute exception of that era's leftovers. Leave it there

This new album needs this touring band to work it up properly. I'm cool with them reworking older CD era gems if the material warrants it - but they need to bring the energy and vibe of this NITL lineup/band, to the songs/sessions

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:
James wrote:

Yeah hearing those instrumentals definitely showed he was on the money with his CD II comments.

Atlas Shrugged
Hardschool
Perhaps
Quick Song
Oklahoma
D Tune

They could definitely do something with those and the final result might be as good(God willing) as the originals.

They shouldn't dive too deep into the Bucket material. Just scrap it.

I want a King Animal (Soundgarden) but we're probably going to get A Different Kind of Truth(Van Halen).

Fuck....worst case scenario (and a possibility) is whipping up something ala Hell Freezes Over where it's two new songs tacked on to a concert.

But really how much money is in cd sales these days?

If your name isn't Adele or Taylor Swift, not much.

Music is disposable now. It's background music. It barely makes a dent in pop culture.

People just stream songs on Spotify on their phone and when they're sick of it five minutes later, it's never played again.

Bands that release albums only do it as a promotional tool for a tour.

We'll be lucky to get an album and if we do, it's probably the last and I hope it's not something just slapped together Willy nilly.

CD was in a way the last rock record that mattered. A summary of rock history in 2008. Shacklers is Chuck Berry to Korn etc. Axl said around the Illusions he wanted to see if they could add to it. They basically did it all.

Now can they lay down a definitive statement of everything. They have material from all eras and Slash. It’s possible. But yes album rock is in the toilet, so maybe live n let die.

Izzyjim

Izzyjim wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

As far as Perhaps goes, we knew there was a 3rd Brian May track, but not the name.

Speaking of which, are we sure Brian May is there, cause I can't hear him?

Sky Dog wrote:

Tool’s album went #1 just a few weeks ago. We have no clue what they will do. axl21

AtariLegend wrote:
Izzyjim wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

As far as Perhaps goes, we knew there was a 3rd Brian May track, but not the name.

Speaking of which, are we sure Brian May is there, cause I can't hear him?

The dates line up. Both Atlas and Catcher mixes are listed on the same day and more importantly it sounds like a Brian May solo.

Doesn't sound like Finck to me at all and Buckethead wasn't there.

Izzyjim

Izzyjim wrote:

I'll have to listen again to Atlas, then.
On Perhaps, anyway, I don't hear his signature sound (unlike CITR)

Sky Dog wrote:

Perhaps solo is buried in the poor mix. It has to be May.

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:

I don't know about you but i hear robin on the perhaps solo and not may. do you?

atlashrugs
 Rep: -6 

atlashrugs wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Perhaps solo is buried in the poor mix. It has to be May.

i think the solo is robin

Board footer