You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Rough Mixes Disc 2

James wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

P.S. Fuck Bob Ezrin.

If I go off the songs with vocals he has a killer record which maybe lacks a “wow me “ lead single but is on the whole sufficiently poppy..

Oklahoma with killer lyrics and vocals has wow me lead single written all over it.

James

James wrote:

I still can't get over how amazing Sorry is.

This will be on repeat for awhile.

Bucket owned the album.

Bucket owned the rest of it.

Anyone really surprised?

bucket

GnRMex2002
 Rep: 0 

GnRMex2002 wrote:

guys please pm

benny
 Rep: 0 

benny wrote:
James wrote:

Bucket owned the album.

Anyone really surprised?

bucket

Just imagine how much better the overall reception of CD would've been had this album been released in the early 2000s before the tracks were over-produced to the point there got to by 2008.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
benny wrote:
James wrote:

Bucket owned the album.

Anyone really surprised?

bucket

Just imagine how much better the overall reception of CD would've been had this album been released in the early 2000s before the tracks were over-produced to the point there got to by 2008.

I think it’s clear Axl believed in the multi-album approach. There is so much material it makes no sense why they released the tracks they did. Label says. “There’s already an album out there on the internet.” They release it, he goes into a shell.

James

James wrote:
benny wrote:
James wrote:

Bucket owned the album.

Anyone really surprised?

bucket

Like I mentioned on the previous page, If the World should've been on the MI2 soundtrack or some other huge summer 2000 blockbuster. It would've added well needed fuel to their machine and might have provided more incentive for the label to get the album out there.

Instead both sides just sat and stewed in their own juices.

Give Sorry proper lyrics and it's soundtrack material too.

James

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
benny wrote:
James wrote:

Bucket owned the album.

Anyone really surprised?

bucket

I think it’s clear Axl believed in the multi-album approach. There is so much material it makes no sense why they released the tracks they did. Label says. “There’s already an album out there on the internet.” They release it, he goes into a shell.

The 2008 tracklist makes perfect sense when you come to the realization I did back then...

He was washing his hands of the whole mess. Stinson's later comments reinforced this to me.

We were never getting CD II.

After hearing the meat and potatoes of it, it's a damn shame.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Sorry is god damn gold here. Probably the heaviest thing GNR ever recorded in any form.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Sorry is god damn gold here. Probably the heaviest thing GNR ever recorded in any form.

Turns out Sebastian was right all along. Really does sound Sabbath-y and doom metal.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
strat0 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Turns out Sebastian was right all along. Really does sound Sabbath-y and doom metal.

I forgot about this.

Yes, what he heard was heavy as hell. What ended up on CD was totally watered down.

Board footer