You are not logged in. Please register or login.

wasted
 Rep: 4 

Re: When will we hear more vault material?

wasted wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

I won’t have closure personally until I have the 2002 album as intended and a copy of that same album with instrumentals. And This I Love.

I’d love to hear finished Soul Monster, etc. but I fell in love with GNR because of Chinese Democracy and the songs that made the record.

So give me those and I’m happy and I can close this chapter of my life.

Didn’t the 2002 Bucket album leak, isn’t that what that squirrel guy leak? Or was that after CD came out? I remember CD songs without Ron and Frank leaking. Bucket fans were saying these were the songs before Ron etc.

I’d take a shot at the 2010 possible finished CD II and the Bucket sessions from 2004.

The ultimate would CD II finished version with Slash and Duff on it. If Slash and Duff wrote 1 rocker and maybe another Slash epic, with Down by the Ocean, that is basically most GNR albums writing wise. So it’s not out of the realms of possibility. Getting material from all eras of GNR but with Slash and the current line up locking it down, that would be closure of the end.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I have zero interest in anything Chinese done post Bucket departure.

2000-04 is where it all resides.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

I generally agree but think think there is a 100 percent chance Axl’s vocals for most of those songs is post-bucket.

AtariLegend wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

I generally agree but think think there is a 100 percent chance Axl’s vocals for most of those songs is post-bucket.

Better was finished when rtb was there, presumably so was:

Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul
Seven
The General
Ides of March

...and Sorry along with some others that weren't released.

Lofton's right, the tracks from pre 2005 are key. Anything after 2006 and it starts to fall apart musically.

wasted

wasted wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

According to Beavan 80% of CD was recorded by him. But Axl seems to have done Soul Monster post Bucket era. Maybe even Berlin. I think partly what that vocal melody comment at China Exchange was about. Slash can write something off Nothing or Eye on You.

wasted

wasted wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:

Better was finished when rtb was there, presumably so was:

Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul
Seven
The General
Ides of March

...and Sorry along with some others that weren't released.

Lofton's right, the tracks from pre 2005 are key. Anything after 2006 and it starts to fall apart musically.

Not sure. Better was finished in 2004 with Costsnzo. I mean Fortus added parts. I think Ron added rhythm guitar to all tracks. There was a lot or re-recording with Costanzo too, crazy as that sounds. Maybe that’s why people quit, so they didn’t have to do anymore recording. I think it was all about getting all the tracks on the same page. But damn when Bucket unloads on Sorry it’s epic, a lot of personality was lost. But it’s all there you just have to listen with billion dollar headphones.

Cerulean wind
 Rep: -6 

Feels like the wind is blowing....

AtariLegend wrote:

Nevermind.

wasted

wasted wrote:

Well there is 15 discs of released chickens now. Maybe them couped up and wait for KFC to call.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Wait, did some instrumentals leak or something?

Were they any good? Have lived under a rock recently big_smile

Board footer