You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Snakepit-Beggars and Hangers On

bigbri wrote:

I love that Duff album Believe in Me!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I love that Duff album Believe in Me!

Me too. It also brings back great memories of 1993-94.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I suppose Izzy was out of Guns anyway, but the Juju Hounds album had some great stuff. Def took a cool turn. His later album (98 degrees?) always got praise here. I never had it but youtubed it at some point a few years ago.

Forgot about Gilby. Funny, I got a whole new respect for him on that reality show Supergroup or something. Followed up where INXS searched for a singer in season 1, and Gilby, Tommy Lee & two others searched for a singer to form a group. Gilby was just totally a cool dude, honest, no ega, and played an epic Stones cover one night. I could tell he had great groove during some of the originals they attempted. (The band was nothing special as a whole, show was ok, tolerable for its time pre-overdone reality tv)

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
James wrote:
Vale wrote:

01.Neither Can I
02.Put You Back
03.Gotta Say
04.Dime Store Rock
05.Beggars & Hangers-On
06.This I Love
07.Seattle Head
08.Monkey Chow
09.Back And Forth Again
10.Mezz

Not bad at all ...but wrong Duff album to pull tracks from.  tongue

For the 'lost' GNR album, it's basically 93-95.

Go any further and it's venturing into the early Chinese years(Beautiful Disease, Snakepit 2, etc.).

Good To Be Alive
Beggars and Hangers On
Neither Can I
Lower

Cure Me or Kill Me
Tijuana Jail
Skin and Bones

10 Years
Punk Rock Song
Man in the Meadow or Could It Be U

This I Love

Not necessarily. Believe in me was already out. They were ideas Axl didn’t want for the illusions.
Duff had Seattle Head finished by the latest of 96 (Neurotic Outsiders version) and Mezz in 97 (10 Minute Warning version). So you can assume the roots of these happened sometime in 95, 96. Before that Duff wouldn’t have been able to record anyways as he was busy getting his shit together. Put You Back might be a bit of a stretch. Like Rinding Home, I however assume that it stems from the sessions he did with Izzy for GN’R. If you don’t wanna include that one, then maybe Then And Now instead. Duff had that song for a long time as it was co-written by another Ten Minute Warning member.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I suppose Izzy was out of Guns anyway, but the Juju Hounds album had some great stuff. Def took a cool turn. His later album (98 degrees?) always got praise here. I never had it but youtubed it at some point a few years ago.

All of his solo work up to (maybe even including by)  Miami was really great!!

Board footer