You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 627 

Re: Snakepit-Beggars and Hangers On

James wrote:


Holy shit. I don't remember seeing this version back then.

Amazing.  9

FlashFlood
 Rep: 47 

Re: Snakepit-Beggars and Hangers On

FlashFlood wrote:

I don’t mind it but it’s no surprise Axl and Duff didn’t want to do this material at the time.

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

Re: Snakepit-Beggars and Hangers On

PotatoSalad wrote:

Thanks for posting that James.  I've been listening to more of Slash's non-GNR stuff and this is great.  I'm also working my way through his albums that he did with Myles Kennedy, and I think Apocalyptic Love is pretty good.  Snakepit though is very underrated.  Not given nearly enough credit.

Vale
 Rep: 2 

Re: Snakepit-Beggars and Hangers On

Vale wrote:

I get that it might not have been the right thing for GN’R at the time, but an album with the best of Snakepit1, This I Love, Seattle Head and maybe even a few Pawnshop Guitars or Izzy songs would have been better than 15 years of nothing...

As far as Slash’s solo stuff is concerned (not counting VR), I actually prefer both Snakepits over everything else.

PaSnow
 Rep: 203 

Re: Snakepit-Beggars and Hangers On

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah I never got really into them but Snakepit was good.  Kinda like The Black Crowes it didn't fit the time (grunge), but with Axl in it, and a few Izzy songs it makes an impact. Then in 98-2000ish put out more of the CD concept album yet allow the others to do another solo gig or side project.

If only..... if only. big_smile

James
 Rep: 627 

Re: Snakepit-Beggars and Hangers On

James wrote:

What's funny about the supposed lack of quality in the Snakepit material is Axl wanting the songs back once they had been fleshed out

It's kinda easy to forget but the material before he brought Dover in for vocals is essentially a GNR instrumental album (Slash, Matt, Dizzy, Teddy Zig Zag) with a recently fired Gilby and AIC's bassist in Duff's slot....produced by Mike Clink.

Axl could've walked into the studio with finished tracks awaiting his arrival and banged an album out in a month.

Take the five best tracks from this album, the five best tracks from Gilbys Pawnshop Guitars, add This I Love as the big ballad and BAM.....

There's your follow up to TSI.

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

Re: Snakepit-Beggars and Hangers On

PotatoSalad wrote:
James wrote:

What's funny about the supposed lack of quality in the Snakepit material is Axl wanting the songs back once they had been fleshed out

It's kinda easy to forget but the material before he brought Dover in for vocals is essentially a GNR instrumental album (Slash, Matt, Dizzy, Teddy Zig Zag) with a recently fired Gilby and AIC's bassist in Duff's slot....produced by Mike Clink.

Axl could've walked into the studio with finished tracks awaiting his arrival and banged an album out in a month.

Take the five best tracks from this album, the five best tracks from Gilbys Pawnshop Guitars, add This I Love as the big ballad and BAM.....

There's your follow up to TSI.

You know how people take tracks from The Beatles' solo albums and put them together to make The Beatles Black Album?  That needs to be done with GNR. 

I don't have Pawnshop Guitars unfortunately so I can't comment on the songs, but I've read a lot of praise for the album.  I don't understand why Gilby was let go if it was great.  Heck, Axl even got on stage with him at one of his shows and sang Wild Horses with him I think it was, and wasn't Gilby even at one of the rehearsals for a show back in 2006?  It seems like he and Axl have a good enough relationship to work together again.

It is cool when you look at all the albums that have GNR members on it and the only thing missing is Axl and maybe one other ingredient.  Buckethead, Brain, and Melissa put out some albums together which I haven't heard and can't even find sadly.  I wonder how those would fare with a certain singer. axl

Vale
 Rep: 2 

Re: Snakepit-Beggars and Hangers On

Vale wrote:

01.Neither Can I
02.Put You Back
03.Gotta Say
04.Dime Store Rock
05.Beggars & Hangers-On
06.This I Love
07.Seattle Head
08.Monkey Chow
09.Back And Forth Again
10.Mezz

James
 Rep: 627 

Re: Snakepit-Beggars and Hangers On

James wrote:
PotatoSalad wrote:

a
You know how people take tracks from The Beatles' solo albums and put them together to make The Beatles Black Album?  That needs to be done with GNR. 

I don't have Pawnshop Guitars unfortunately so I can't comment on the songs, but I've read a lot of praise for the album.  I don't understand why Gilby was let go if it was great.  Heck, Axl even got on stage with him at one of his shows and sang Wild Horses with him I think it was, and wasn't Gilby even at one of the rehearsals for a show back in 2006?  It seems like he and Axl have a good enough relationship to work together again.

Axl was on Pawnshop Guitars....


You should check it out. Slash is on the two best songs(Cure Me or Kill Me & Tijuana Jail). Matt and Dizzy are also on the album.

The album is pretty much half killer, half filler.

I've said it since it first came out....Cure Me.... begs to be a GNR song.

James
 Rep: 627 

Re: Snakepit-Beggars and Hangers On

James wrote:
Vale wrote:

01.Neither Can I
02.Put You Back
03.Gotta Say
04.Dime Store Rock
05.Beggars & Hangers-On
06.This I Love
07.Seattle Head
08.Monkey Chow
09.Back And Forth Again
10.Mezz

Not bad at all ...but wrong Duff album to pull tracks from.  tongue

For the 'lost' GNR album, it's basically 93-95.

Go any further and it's venturing into the early Chinese years(Beautiful Disease, Snakepit 2, etc.).


Good To Be Alive
Beggars and Hangers On
Neither Can I
Lower

Cure Me or Kill Me
Tijuana Jail
Skin and Bones

10 Years
Punk Rock Song
Man in the Meadow or Could It Be U


This I Love

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB