You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The Best of Rough Mixes Disc 4, Elimination Round 2

AtariLegend wrote:

Vote for your least favorite track. The track with the most votes will be eliminated.

As far as the instrumentals go, try to imagine the track finished with vocals.

This is based on Rough Mixes Disc 4 only, not any other demo. There will be no tie breaker.

Voting closes in 2 days

Vote off your least favourite track

Me & My Elvis 0%
Circus Maximus 4%
D Tune 0%
Curly Shuffle 9%
Nothing 61%
As It Began 26%
Total votes: 23
James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Nothing until it's gone. It's garbage.

I'm posting my comment from the last round about Soul Monster and the dates on the discs....

I realize the dates may not match...but that's Bucket. There's no other guitarist that plays like that and even if there was, Finck can't play that cleanly and all Tobias does on tracks is rhythm.

It can't be Navarro either.

If it's not Bucket, someone like Vai was brought in under the radar and we still don't know about it.

It may literally be the first thing he brought to the table.

Now you've got me wondering if the demo is even a GNR track. This may be another Giant Robot Production.

I may have to venture over to TK and see what the bots have to say about these songs. When it comes to Bucket and Brain, they can pick gnat shit out of pepper.

Edit

Looking at the dates again. Man that is cutting it awfully close.

Another song that sticks out on disc 1 is Madagascar.

AtariLegend wrote:

See I actually like Nothing. I can see what they were going for, it's just I can also everything else being turned into tracks ranging from great to fantastic.

We know Elvis got vocals within the next few years and circus almost certainly did.

Don't know anything about As it Began, but we do know Axl. There's no way he didn't go back to it.

D Tune and Curly Shuffle are the two unknowns imo. Both are great, but both sound like great tracks of a classic mid 90's rock album. They're much less Chinese Democracy-ish.

Link31
 Rep: 1 

Link31 wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

D Tune and Curly Shuffle are the two unknowns imo. Both are great, but both sound like great tracks of a classic mid 90's rock album. They're much less Chinese Democracy-ish.

That's thing with most of these instrumentals. They sound nothing like CD. They're total 90's / 2000's rock. That's why I like them. They're better than CD, even in their raw form. It's like they're from a totally different band.

James

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

D Tune and Curly Shuffle are the two unknowns imo. Both are great, but both sound like great tracks of a classic mid 90's rock album.

Throw in Oklahoma and The Rebel,  we've got a damn good
1994-95 Soundgarden EP taking shape.

D Tune is practically a Spoonman knock off....in a good way.  9

I almost renamed it Forkman. lol

I'd like to know if Axl himself temporarily steered them in this direction to see what they could come up with or if it was Beavan.

James

James wrote:
Link31 wrote:

That's thing with most of these instrumentals. They sound nothing like CD. They're total 90's / 2000's rock. That's why I like them. They're better than CD, even in their raw form. It's like they're from a totally different band.

Yes it was definitely supposed to be a 90s album released in 2000.  It all fits in with the times it was recorded in.

Another thing I love about some of the instrumentals is they are not in the state of cut/paste hell that the album wound up being in.

Some of the stuff, Prom Violence a great example, sounds like the guys just jamming together in the studio.

The 'feel' in these songs was sorely lacking on Chinese Democracy.

I also agree that you can compile a better album than Chinese out of these songs.

PotatoSalad
 Rep: 0 

PotatoSalad wrote:

Gonna go with Nothing.

shutout52

shutout52 wrote:

If/when Nothing and As It Began finish tied, can we just save ourselves a round and drop both and let the Battle Royale truly begin?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Nothing.

Final two should be Elvis and D tune

Pacha

Pacha wrote:

It seems that Nothing is going to lose.
It bores me to listen to instrumental music and I appreciate the few new things we have by Axl, so for now I am not going to vote for it yet.

Voted Curly

Board footer