You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

Re: Covid 19

slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

I read the HermanCainaward Reddit sub from time to time.

Republicans are dropping like flies now...and they're getting younger.

Some are even having "Covid parties"...where they get each other sick hoping for herd immunity and of course, the ICU is in their near future.

Something has to be done about this.

It's like a mass suicide.

I don't get this.  I really don't.  If the goal in life, is to live as long a healthy life as possible.  Why the hell are these people doing this?  Just get the damn shot, FFS.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Some are even having "Covid parties"...where they get each other sick hoping for herd immunity and of course, the ICU is in their near future.

I don't get this.  I really don't.  If the goal in life, is to live as long a healthy life as possible.  Why the hell are these people doing this?  Just get the damn shot, FFS.

It’s happening because of the same reason that people will take things that aren’t FDA approved. By people who would rather be so defiant that they would prefer to live in delusional bliss rather than ever acknowledge or acquiesce to a superior knowledge. Deep at the core of this defiance is a feeling of belittlement in dealing with a huge problem they can never even begin to comprehend.

In the end, this virus will do exactly as it was designed to do. In these latter stages of the pandemic you’ll see the herd thinned of these defiant idiots.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

Remember in 92 when Pat Buchanan talked about a culture war and everyone went ape shit?

It's happening now.... with social media, Obama leading to Trump, and our crumbling empire creating a perfect storm of idiocy.

What happens during the next pandemic? Economic disaster? Major terrorist attack? Major war? Climate disaster?

In the old days, the country came together during a crisis.

The old days are over and they're not coming back.

Both sides look at the other as their sworn enemy...to the point they refer to one another as subhuman. When one side takes a stance, the other takes the opposite and won't back down.

In the midst of a pandemic, this means death is the result.

The media (both sides), our politicians (both sides),  and so called influencers and grifters are continuously fanning the flames 24/7... which keeps the cycle going.

This mass tragedy unfolding... thousands dead each week and rising...is pushed as entertainment.

I don't see a way out. Our leaders are garbage and they're not going to fix it.

We've went past the point of  "just take the vax"....

But yeah, just take the vax if you haven't already. I've read horror stories of what it does to your body and it should override any fears of the vaccine.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Yup, the potential side effects of the vaccines (and the odds of having a very bad reaction) are so much less bad and lower than your odds with contracting covid. Even if someone unvaxxed gets Covid and does ok, there are long Covid complications that are worth avoiding.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Look at what happens when any one of those people gets it and geta it bad….all the sudden fear consumes them and then rush to the nearest ER where all too often it’s already too late.

Not so brave when you’re knocking on deaths door are we?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Look at what happens when any one of those people gets it and geta it bad….all the sudden fear consumes them and then rush to the nearest ER where all too often it’s already too late.

Not so brave when you’re knocking on deaths door are we?

Tbf, most people aren't brave when dying. Usually they're regretful about things in their life. It's sad.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
James wrote:

It’s happening because of the same reason that people will take things that aren’t FDA approved. By people who would rather be so defiant that they would prefer to live in delusional bliss rather than ever acknowledge or acquiesce to a superior knowledge. Deep at the core of this defiance is a feeling of belittlement in dealing with a huge problem they can never even begin to comprehend.

In the end, this virus will do exactly as it was designed to do. In these latter stages of the pandemic you’ll see the herd thinned of these defiant idiots.

Superior knowledge. Like when they first told us covid was no more serious than the flu? Or that masks didn't work? That Trumps vaccine was going to kill people? So black people are idiots, now? You understand that anti vaxxers aren't just who you want them to be, right? They're not just Trumpers. And superior knowledge hasn't always been right, yeah?

I was talking to people yesterday who refused to believe that no one but Trumpers were antivaxxers. Not everything is politically motivated. When I went back home to Florida, Hispanics were the majority of people not wearing masks. NBA players are putting antivaxx demands in their union contracts. Yes, there's a lot of ignorance and stubbornness. And there's a lot of ghoulishness from people who seem to be really gleeful "those people" are dying off. But those people aren't all who you seem to think they are.

James

James wrote:

Yeah HermanCainaward had a rough spot when someone pointed out they're only posting dead/dying white people.

Their reasoning?

Minorities aren't making it political with Trumpism and mocking those who wear masks and get the vax..

Maybe so...but it keeps projecting the propaganda that it's only white people refusing the vax/masks...and tons of people swallow this hook, line, and sinker.

First they retconned liberals out of the anti-vax movement and now they're retconning minorities out of it.

A 24 year old died today. That's the youngest person to get a "Herman Cain award".

James

James wrote:

20 year old college student just died from Covid. His mom kept begging him to get the vaccine but he wouldn't do it... thought he didn't need it since he was young and healthy.

This shit is gonna start wiping out teenagers soon.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

reported-deaths-from-covid-by-age-us.jpg

Board footer