You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Covid 19

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It’s looking like 60k Americans will die from COVID. Less than the 61k who died of the flu, and less than the 67k who overdosed in 2018. I fully support the lockdown measures, but this needs to end soon. We can’t take a wrecking ball to the world economy to try to prevent the death amount of people who OD each year. Are you willing to live like this each flu season?  If not, you understand the point.

It's 60k because people are social distancing. You can't take preventive measures, cut down the rates of death and infection, then say, "look, see how low the numbers are? This lockdown is nonsense!" I know you're not saying that, but many others are.

The economy will come back. We'll start going back to normal soon. But we don't need to blow up everything we did because we're getting restless. A lot of businesses would not have survived without these measures because people stopped going out anyway. Businesses cut their losses and were shutting down anyway. Now they have a way to come back.I

There are already lawsuits over infections, I can't imagine what that would be like had we not implemented these measures or if they cut them too soon.

You don't know why it's coming down.  Nobody does.  Anyone claiming otherwise is full of shit.

1+1=2

misterID

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/cor … 13435b574e

CDC is now telling “essential workers” to return to work unless they’re showing symptoms, regardless of exposure. This is the start.

Don’t go to work if you’re sick. It shouldn’t take a pandemic to get that behavior. This should be the standard soon for all employees, and still practice social distancing as practical.

No one will ever listen to this. It's disgusting. You can put all the rules up you want, people will still go out sick. I was in the theater not long ago. A guy sits behind me sniffing, all congested, snore-breathing and obviously sick. Then he let out a horrible cough, and I instantly got up, walked out, got a refund and went home. People are inconsiderate assholes.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

It’s looking like 60k Americans will die from COVID. Less than the 61k who died of the flu, and less than the 67k who overdosed in 2018. I fully support the lockdown measures, but this needs to end soon. We can’t take a wrecking ball to the world economy to try to prevent the death amount of people who OD each year. Are you willing to live like this each flu season?  If not, you understand the point.

It's 60K WITH the shutdowns!!!  The number is possibly 300K without them!!

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You're right Pa...we listened to the experts and no one else to achieve this...the problem is the more successful the strategy the more the critics will call it bullshit.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

It's 60k because people are social distancing. You can't take preventive measures, cut down the rates of death and infection, then say, "look, see how low the numbers are? This lockdown is nonsense!" I know you're not saying that, but many others are.

The economy will come back. We'll start going back to normal soon. But we don't need to blow up everything we did because we're getting restless. A lot of businesses would not have survived without these measures because people stopped going out anyway. Businesses cut their losses and were shutting down anyway. Now they have a way to come back.I

There are already lawsuits over infections, I can't imagine what that would be like had we not implemented these measures or if they cut them too soon.

You don't know why it's coming down.  Nobody does.  Anyone claiming otherwise is full of shit.

1+1=2

Sure, but you don't know what either 1 stands for.  Could just as easily be herd immunity + virus running its course.  You don't know.

misterID

misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

1+1=2

Sure, but you don't know what either 1 stands for.  Could just as easily be herd immunity + virus running its course.  You don't know.

Wear a condom, you most likely won't get aids. Sitting back years later and saying, "man, all these years and I never caught aids. Why the fuck did I ever wear a rubber for?"

New Orleans decided not to social distance when everyone else did, had Mardi Gras, and now they're headed to be worse with infections than New York. Places where citizens didn't listen did worse than those who did. South Korea vs Italy.

WDW shut down without being ordered to. They shut down all their properties, losing millions everyday, because they weighed the risks and long term damage that would be caused to guests and employees between staying open and closing. They have people whose only job is to decide these things. Disney NEVER shuts down. They're still not open.

If you don't believe it, fuck it, go out. Don't stay home, don't wash your hands.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Wear a condom, you most likely won't get aids. Sitting back years later and saying, "man, all these years and I never caught aids. Why the fuck did I ever wear a rubber for?"

New Orleans decided not to social distance when everyone else did, had Mardi Gras, and now they're headed to be worse with infections than New York. Places where citizens didn't listen did worse than those who did. South Korea vs Italy.

Condom analogy is the best analogy I think I've ever read.

Good point on New Orleans, they're proof this is spread via anti-social distancing.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
misterID wrote:

1+1=2

WDW shut down without being ordered to. They shut down all their properties, losing millions everyday, because they weighed the risks and long term damage that would be caused to guests and employees between staying open and closing. They have people whose only job is to decide these things. Disney NEVER shuts down. They're still not open.

If you don't believe it, fuck it, go out. Don't stay home, don't wash your hands.

Did you ever take a science class?  This is beyond backwards thinking and not at all how science works.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Are you implying I was saying otherwise?  I said I support the lockdown, but this needs to end soon.  We can't destroy the world so your 80 year old grandma gets 3 more years at her nursing home.  As someone who admitted they've never gotten a flu vaccine, you're part of the problem come flu season.  More people will have died from the flu last year than died of COVID this year, and you still won't get a vaccine this fall.  So don't talk about how much you care or are informed on this, when you can't be bothered to get a free vaccine each year are your local CVS.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^^ More people died from the flu, yes!  However, we shut down for 45 days from the near start of Covid (March 15?).  Undo that & it isn't even close, Covid blows the flu away. Factor in we shut down NBA, NHL, MLB, weddings, concerts etc.  This thing was ripe to be massive!!

I'm with you on re-opening. Likely, semi-optional in May, albeit few people rush out shopping. Moreso after Memorial Day.

I'm gonna take a break from here. I've possibly been a bit of a D & this forum just becomes a political forum unfortunately (not saying I'm not a part of that).  Anyway I gotta spend my time elsewhere. (arguing with FB friends, j/k)

Be in touch, I won't be gone long myb just the weekend or smt.

Board footer