You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: Covid 19

103810092_10108646673074764_2750859938871300972_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=3lzTJUv7ayIAX_iHi6R&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc3-1.fna&_nc_tp=6&oh=4c9dc6be7b8e8b8b22680d543bf6b049&oe=5F10212F

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Most peaceful protesters are wearing masks...

Speaking of Orwell...how can trump so vehemently defend the constitution and attack it in the same breath?

Trump...yay second amendment boo first amendment.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

You literally just did that 4 posts ago.  Are you that dense?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I think there’s a big difference in attacking the second amendment and mocking people protesting a virus with guns...but think what you will.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Drive by post, think of it what you will.

The WHO was resistant to scientific findings that the virus isn't transmitted via mouth/nose as previously recommended and is more sporific and airborne in nature. It's on Reuters, picked up by the NYT and the journals are being published. If that's not clear there's partisan politics, ideological agendas, and profit incentives at play, I don't know what to tell you.

Masks have been proven ineffectual prior to COVID for every other respiratory issues known to man. China, et. al. wear them reflexively and as a matter of paranoia. There's also tons of other variables in play here but Twitter dorks will then draw wrong conclusions from data to get "Orange Man Bad" points and spreads misinformation. The virus is several microns smaller than N95 mask perforations anyway. It's a way of the government trying to create the illusion of control first and foremost and partisan politics second.

"Cases are exploding". I haven't looked at all the data but certainly not in places like Michigan and NYC. The hospitalization and death cases have dropped off dramatically. Yet Michigan's governor stokes fear, presents the data in a partisan way, and promotes the same unhinged racist "anti-racist" dogma pushed by anti-scientific loonies and ideologues everywhere. "It's gone but could come back! Ahh!!!!!!"

Furthermore, we know exactly who COVID is infecting. People with respiratory issues, pre-existing conditions, obese people, old people. Yet the propaganda and fearmongering continues.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Edit: wrong threaad

Moved to Politics

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

This is not about death rates. This is not about death rates. This is not about death rates. This is not about death rates. This is not about death rates. This is not about death rates. This is not about death rates. This is not about death rates. This is not about death rates. This is not about death rates.

The illness is debilitating. People are suffering the effects months after clearing it. People are catching it twice. Medical bills are devastating. If more people catch it, shut down orders don't matter. People will stay home.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That WHO statement was basically retracted.

Meanwhile, cases are exploding in many areas, primarily in the south and southwest. We're in this for the long haul.

I find it interesting how people attack science. As we get new data, we arrive at new conclusions. There is plenty to learn about this virus as we move forward.

A new study also found that wearing a mask will also help protect you from an infected person. It does this by lowering the viral load that you may be breathing in. They're finding that people who became infected while wearing a mask (or short exposures in general without one) had milder symptoms and weren't nearly as sick.

So yes, wear your mask to protect others when you're out. But know now that it probably significantly reduces the amount of virus you could also be taking in.

misterID wrote:

The illness is debilitating. People are suffering the effects months after clearing it. People are catching it twice. Medical bills are devastating. If more people catch it, shut down orders don't matter. People will stay home.

You don't want to catch this. Even if you're a healthy 20 year old, it could leave you with long lasting issues for many months afterwards (so far that we know.)

I'd still argue the death rate it also important though.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I've hesitated to post this since there are a few not to be named douchebags that won't understand what I am saying; however for the greater good (and maybe so reasonable people will understand where I am (and have been)) coming from I will make the post.

On Wednesday, I got a call from a friend's wife that someone at her husband's work tested positive for Covid-19 (without any symptoms).  Last Sunday I played golf with him and we shared a cart.  He has been tested (and is isolating), and those results should come early this coming week.  I'm not overly concerned.  I saw him now 6 days ago...he feels fine, I feel fine.  By the time he gets his results, it will have been 8 days or so, which is close to the end of the period of concern (unless they've moved the goalposts on that again).

I was out Wednesday when I got that call.  I came straight home immediately and haven't left the house since then.  As I said, I am not worried, but that doesn't mean I am going to be disrespectful towards others and possibly put them at risk regardless of how low that risk is.  It isn't up to me to decide for them what level of risk they should tolerate.  It is possible to feel the way I feel about the virus without being completely disrespectful to the people around you.  Once all is clear, I plan to return to life as I have been living it. 

I've never said the virus was a hoax.  I've said we handled the response wrong.  I still believe that.  If I happen to get it and it kills me, I will STILL believe that (well, at least until I die).  It's a risk management decision people should be allowed to make for themselves.

Board footer