You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Would the real Chinese Democracy please stand up?

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, those 3 are awful. Take them out, add in Hard School & Going Down, you're going somewhere. I get it they probably didn't fit, but redo The Blues to more piano rock, and CITR to  a better produced song, as well as 1 or 2 more tweaked to more rock friendly, and its a better album. Swap in 1 more track with another and its a better album.

I agree those 3 bring it down, 2 or 3 more keep it irrelevant. We're down to about 5 good songs, some of which probably still needed to be redone.

I suspect they're in there because someone (management, Axl, the record company) wanted more up-tempo rock stuff. Atlas Shrugged and Perhaps are better songs than those three, but the trouble is they're more ballad-type tracks.

Sky Dog wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsBCk-IvLdU

blast from the past.....this version is better than all the versions...studio...live...fresh out of the oven. axlbucket

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Lol Axl with the guitar never to be seen again!

Sky Dog wrote:

Roadies gave it to him as a joke. tongue

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsBCk-IvLdU

blast from the past.....this version is better than all the versions...studio...live...fresh out of the oven. axlbucket

It really is. That lineup is at its peak right there and it's a shame that it's over after this.

They deserved to tour an album. Tobias never should've left. He doesn't like touring?!? He's in the perfect band then because very little touring was in their future.

If I'm Axl....after hearing Bucket's ungodly interpretation of that Madagascar solo at Rio, I make him go to a studio in Rio and get it on tape. The solo never sounded like that before or after Rio.

AgesOfTheIce
 Rep: 10 

AgesOfTheIce wrote:

The worst part is Bucket never got to play any of the songs he wrote. At least Robin got to play Better before he was out.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Yeah that version of Madagascar is the tops.

The +3dB version from The Village gets in the ballpark but I've always disliked Axl's vocal take on the studio cut.

Board footer